Tranquility quotes62 tranquility quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I crave a happy life, grandpa. I have a almost desperate craving for stability and happiness, the way fat people crave chocolate or lost hikers crave rescue. I want to live a big, great, fantastical life, but I am concerned that the tragedy that seems to follow me, the tragedy that birthed me will prevent that from ever happening.”
“- Captain of the 'Weser': What's it like down there, in a submarine?
- Der Leitende: It's... quiet.”
“I warn you, child... if I lose my temper, you lose your head! Understand?”
“Please keep an open mind and let me have my day in court.”
“- Orson Krennic: You're a hard man to find, Galen. But farming... really? Man of your talents?
- Galen Erso: It's a peaceful life.”
“Remember, no matter what, it's better to be an alive dog than a dead lion.”
“We experienced a delirious, timeless peace.”
“I dislike the flashbulbs so much. What I have learned is, the best way to cope with all the fuss and maintain one's dignity is to remain quiet. Smile now and then, but stay quiet. And you should not care too much what people will think or say about you; you cannot control it anyway.”
“I want peace and quiet. I want it so much I'd die for it.”
Hakuna Matata. It means "no worries".
“Recently, for a second or two I almost felt like things were okay with the world. Strange to feel that way, when you know there are wars everywhere, everything's going to hell in a hand basket. But still I must admit, for a moment, I felt some kind of peace.”
“- Doc Brunder: George, how did you manage to get your pressure to come down?
- George Malley: Oh... I found my pace. Simple thing really. Hard to explain.”
“Relax. You'll live longer.”
“- Capt. James Power Smith: General Jackson, how is it you remain so calm in the midst of battle?
- Gen. Stonewall Jackson: Mr. Smith, my religious faith teaches me that God has already fixed the time of my death; therefore, I think not of it. I am as calm in battle as I would be in my own parlor. God will come for me in his own time.”
“- Mr. Adventure: Look at you. You're a twenty-year space veteran, yet you pick the worst duty station in town. I mean, look at this place. This is the hind end of space.
- Uhura: Peace and quiet appeals to me, Lieutenant.
- Mr. Adventure: Well, maybe that's okay for someone like you, whose career is winding down. But me, I need some excitement,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Let's have some peace and quiet around here, for chrisakes! I've been under a lot of stress! I lost my wife, I lost my job, and I'm developing some kind of rash from making in the bushes!”
“- Brenda: You'll be transferred to the other cellblock, at some point tomorrow.
- Selma: That's the cellblock where they hang people?
- Brenda: Yeah. That's were they spend the last day.
- Selma: And then they do the 107 steps - it's from that room to the gallows, isn't it?
- Brenda: That's what they say, Selma. But, look it, you're gonna get...” (continue)(continue reading)