“Head Office” quotes(1985)
Plot – Every day, INC.'s directors struggle to get the power. INC. is a large multinational headed by cynic Helms, meanwhile Jack Issel Junior witnesses the death of two of its most important managers. He's the son of an important senator and he's greeted by his superiors. He deals with public relations. He meets Rachel and falls in love with her. Then Jack is sent to represent the company to Allenville and he's supposed to declare some falsehoods to contrast a protest, but he tells the truth indeed and he's immediately dismissed. When INC. is praised to have declared their wrongs, Jack is rehired and finds out Rachel is the daughter of Helms, who is forced to resign. Rachel becomes the new INC.'s owner and the young couple can now live happily in love.
All actors – Judge Reinhold, Lori-Nan Engler, Eddie Albert, Merritt Butrick, Ron Frazier, Richard Masur, Rick Moranis, Don Novello, Michael O'Donoghue, Jane Seymour, Wallace Shawn, Bruce Wagnershow all
“Head Office” Quotes 14 quotes
“I'm an optimist, Colonel. I look down there and see if there's anything else for me to buy.”
“- Jane Caldwell: Don't fall for it, Jack.
- Jack Issel: Fall for what?
- Jane Caldwell: For the lie we keep telling ourselves. We do the dirty stuff to get the power. It'll give us all the good things we really want. Then we get the power, we can't even remember what goddamn thing what it was we wanted it for in the first place.”
“- Jane Caldwell: I wanted to inform you that you've been promoted to executive vice president of external relations.
- Jack Issel: But this is just my first week.
- Jane Caldwell: Then you must have good friends upstairs. But don't give your hopes up. It's basically the same job you had in the complaints department but with 10% more salary and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We care about you, and we care about our employees. INC is the company that cares about people.”
“I'm one of the most powerful men in the world, and if I can't have someone shot, then what the hell does it mean to have power anymore!”
“- Max Landsberger: Were losing money hand over fist.
- Jack Issel: That's not true.
- Max Landsberger: No, but it's our side of the story. Lesson No.55: there are no truths, only stories.”
“- Scott Dantley: I know your father. Great senator, great American, outstanding human being.
- Jack Issel: He's managed to stay out of jail despite the bribery, corruption, tax evasion, solicitation, and domestic abuse charges that have been brought against him. At least me and my mom are proud of him for that.”
“I have over 25,000 signatures on that petition. That's the population of Allenville. If your company closes the Allenville plant, those people will lose their jobs and their homes, all because your company can get a little more profit by moving the plant to some poor country where the labor is 10 cents an hour and you guys own the government.”
“- Max Landsberger: When the tough get going, the weak get screwed.
- Jack Issel: I can't play it like that.
- Max Landsberger: It's the only way to play it, Jack.”