“Husbands and Wives” quotes(1992)
Plot – Professor Gabe Roth and his wife Judy have been happily married for ten years but their marriage begins to crack when their friends Jack and Sally announce them they are going to separate. Gabe has a relationship with a student, Jack moves in with a young teacher, Sally is desperate and she's pushed by Judy into Michael's arms. Now even the Roth's separate.
All actors – Nick Metropolis, Woody Allen, Mia Farrow, Sydney Pollack, Judy Davis, Jeffrey Kurland, Bruce Jay Friedman, Cristi Conaway, Timothy Jerome, Rebecca Glenn, Juliette Lewis, Galaxy Craze, Lysette Anthony, Benno Schmidt, John Doumanian, Gordon Rigsby, Liam Neeson, Ilene Blackman, Ron Rifkin, Blythe Danner, Brian McConnachie, Ron August, John Bucher, Matthew Flint, Jerry Zaks, Caroline Aaron, Jack Richardson, Nora Ephron, Ira Wheeler, Kenneth Edelson, Michelle Turley, Victor Truro, Kenny Vance, Lisa Gustin, Anthony Nocerino, Philip Levy, Connie Picard, Steven Randazzo, Tony Turco, Adelaide Mestre, Jessica Frankston, Merv Bloch, , David Boston, Edward Burke, Kent Kasper, Diane Kimbrell, Fred Melamedshow all
“Husbands and Wives” Quotes 14 quotes
“It's like your I.Q. is suddenly in remission.”
“- Gabe: Change equals death!
- Judy: What kind of bullshit? That's just a bullshit line! Maybe you fool your twenty-year-old students into thinking that's some kind of an insight or something, but it means nothing! Change is what life is made of! Change - if you don't change, you don't grow, you just shrivel up!”
How millions of sperm... competed for a single egg, not the other way around. Men would make love with any number of women... even total strangers, while females were selective. They were catering to the demands of one small egg. While males had millions of frantic sperms screaming: "Let us out, let us out!".
“- Rain: Isn't it beneath you as a mature thinker, I mean, to allow your lead character to waste so much of this emotional energy obsessing over this psychotic relationship with a woman that you fantasize as powerfully sexual and inspired when, in fact, she was pitifully sick?
- Gabe: Look, let's stop this right now because I don't need a lecture...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You use sex to express every emotion except love.”
- Rain: I spent five days searching for the perfect word to describe the husband and that's when I came up with "apucious".
- Gabe: Apucious. I looked it up in the dictionary but I couldn't find it.
- Rain: Yeah, I know. I made it up.
- Gabe: Oh, really.
- Rain: Yeah. I thought it described him perfectly.
“What happened after the honeymoon? Did desire grow or did familiarity make partners want other lovers? Was the notion of ever-deepening romance a myth along with simultaneous orgasm? The only time Rifkin and his wife experienced one was when they were granted their divorce. Maybe in the end, the idea was not to expect too much out of life.”
“I will always have this penchant for what I call kamikaze women. I call them kamikazes because, you know, they crash their plane, they're self-destructive. But they crash into you, and you die along with them.”
“It's the Second Law of Thermodynamics: sooner or later everything turns to shit. That's my phrasing, not the Encyclopedia Britannica.”