“Star Trek: The Motion Picture” quotes(1979)
Plot – During the XXIII century, an intruder destroys easily Klington's defense spaceships and heads towards the Earth. Captain James T. Kirk commands "USS Enterprise" spacecraft, while Willard Decker is forced to be his second. The vehicle is not working properly, but many crew members fulfill their duties onboard.
All actors – William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, George Takei, Majel Barrett, Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, Persis Khambatta, Stephen Collins, Grace Lee Whitney, Mark Lenardshow all
“Star Trek: The Motion Picture” Quotes 25 quotes
Each of us... at some time in our lives, turns to someone - a father, a brother, a God... and asks... "Why am I here? What was I meant to be?".
“Any show of resistance would be futile, Captain.”
“Jim... this... simple feeling is beyond V'Ger's comprehension.”
“We all create God in our own image.”
- James T. Kirk: Bones, there's a... thing... out there.
- Dr. McCoy: Why is any object we don't understand always called "a thing"?
“- James T. Kirk: Evaluation, Mr. Spock.
- Spock: Fascinating.”
- James T. Kirk: Well, for a man who swore he'd never return to the Starfleet...
- Dr. McCoy: Just a moment, Captain, sir. I'll explain what happened. Your revered Admiral Nogura invoked a little-known, seldom-used "reserve activation clause". In simpler language, Captain, they drafted me!
“My oath of celibacy is on record, Captain.”
“Damn it, Bones, I need you. Badly!”
- Dr. McCoy: You were undergoing the "Kolanear" discipline.
- Spock: If you are referring to the Kolinahr, Doctor, you are correct.
“- Dr. McCoy: Spock, you haven't changed a bit. You're just as warm and sociable as ever.
- Spock: Nor have you, doctor, as your continued predilection for irrelevancy demonstrates.”
“I would never take advantage of a sexually immature species.”
“Jim, I want this. As much as you wanted the Enterprise, I want this.”
“Help me, I'm actually pleased to see you!”
- Spock: V'Ger must evolve. Its knowledge has reached the limits of this universe and it must evolve. What it requires of its god, doctor, is the answer to its question, "Is there nothing more?".
- Dr. McCoy: What more is there than the universe, Spock?
- Decker: Other dimensions. Higher levels of being.
“- James T. Kirk: Well, Bones. Do the new medical facilities meet with your approval?
- Dr. McCoy: They do not. It's like working in a damn computer center.”
“Touch God? V'Ger's liable to be in for one hell of a disappointment.”
Well Mr. Spock... your "child" is having a tantrum.