William Shatner quotes
“If saving money is wrong, I don't want to be right!”
“- Kirk: This is good-bye?
- Dr. Gillian Taylor: Why does it have to be good-bye?
- Kirk: Well, like they say in your century, I don't even have your telephone number.”
Good evening, citizens of Frank. In the past few weeks of the campaign, my opponent has thrown around a lot of fancy words to try to confuse the issues. Words like "exercise", "low-fat", and "diet" - words designed to scare us into changing what has worked for so many years. Well, I say let's stay the course. Remember, a fat Frank is a happy Frank.
- Kirk: "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer by".
- McCoy: Melville.
- Spock: John Masefield.
- McCoy: Are you sure about that?
- Spock: I am well-versed in the classics, Doctor.
“- Striker: Ok Murdock, I think I got something that just might work.
- Murdock: What?
- Striker: A bobby pin.
- Murdock: Bobby pin. What the hell's a man doing with a bobby pin?”
“- Sarek: Only his body was in death, Kirk! and you were the last one to be with him.
- James T. Kirk: Yes! I was.
- Sarek: And you must know that you should had to come with him to Vulcan.
- James T. Kirk: But - why?
- Sarek: Because he asked you too! He entrusted you! With his very esscence. With everything that was not of the body. He asked...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They say the sea is cold, but the sea contains the hottest blood of all.”
Each of us... at some time in our lives, turns to someone - a father, a brother, a God... and asks... "Why am I here? What was I meant to be?".
- Captain Spock: If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell". If I were human.
- Commander Pavel Andreievich Chekov: Course heading, Captain?
- Captain James T. Kirk: Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
“- Saavik: Any suggestions, Admiral?
- James T. Kirk: Prayer, Mr. Saavik. The Klingons don't take prisoners.”
“- Sybok: Every culture in this galaxy shares this common dream of a place from which creation sprang. For us, that place will soon be reality.
- Kirk: The only reality I see is that I'm a prisoner on my own ship. What is this power you have to control the minds of my crew?
- Sybok: I don't control minds. I free them.”
“- Kirk: I thought I was going to die.
- Spock: Not possible. You were never alone.”
“This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun, and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man... where no one has gone before.”
“- McCoy: Where are we going?
- James T. Kirk: Where they went.
- McCoy: Suppose they went nowhere?
- James T. Kirk: Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all.”
“Divorce is probably as painful as death.”