Resignation quotes36 resignation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Gattaca
“- Anton: You've gone as far as you can go. You come with me now!
- Vincent: There is still a few million miles left to go.”
- From the movie: Doctor Dolittle
“- Compulsive Dog: He threw the ball! Oh, he threw the ball! I'll get it! I'll get it! I love you! I love you! You threw the ball!
- Rodney: You can't save them all, Hasselhoff.”
- From the movie: Kingsman: The Golden Circle
“- Eggsy: Harry. What's going on?
- Harry Hart: I was just packing. Look at all these lovely toiletries Merlin very kindly gave me as a leaving present. Here, try this aftershave.
- Eggsy: Yeah, I know, Harry. I'm wearing it. Listen. You can't just give up.
- Harry Hart: Give up? No, on the contrary, I'm about to achieve my dream. Researching...” (continue)(continue reading)
- La trovi in Reputation and Popularity
“There are times when I want to get out of the business. Everybody wants to make these big epic entertainments. They're empty. And worst of all, a lot of them just aren't very well made, but the critics go overboard.”
- From the movie: Spider-Man 2
“Sometimes to do what's right we must be steady and give up the things we desire the most, even our dreams.”
- From the movie: His Girl Friday
“I'm getting married, Walter, and I'm also getting as far away from the newspaper business as I can get.”
- From the movie: Star Trek: The Motion Picture
“Any show of resistance would be futile, Captain.”
- From the movie: Mata Hari
“The only way to resign from our profession is to die.”
- From the movie: 2012
“I wish I could tell you we can prevent the coming destruction. We cannot. Today, none of us are strangers. Today, we are one family, stepping into the darkness together.”
- From the movie: Les Miserables
“- Javert: Monsieur, a grave violation of the public trust has been committed. An inferior has shown a complete lack of respect for the law. He must be exposed and punished.
- Valjean: Who is the offender?
- Javert: I am. I slandered you Monsieur Le Maire, I'm here to ask that you demand my dismissal.”
- From the movie: The Four Corners of Nowhere
“Thirty years ago that girl you talked to probably would have married her fiancé because it would have been expected, but she ended up leaving him. Maybe that's what the 60's were all about... getting rid of the roles. But what do we replace them with? Without any guidance, the choices become overwhelming. Sometimes it just makes everything feel...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Collateral
“Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.”
- From the movie: Dinosaur
“- Plio: What is your fate?
- Bruton: To die here. It's the way things are.
- Plio: Only if you give up. It's your choice, not your fate.”
- From the movie: Nothing Sacred
- From the movie: It Happened Tomorrow
- Mr. Gordon: You're fired.
- Lawrence "Larry" Stevens: You can't fire me. I quit.
- From the movie: Night of the Ghouls
- From the movie: The Major and the Minor
- From the movie: The Bourne Supremacy
“I know how you're feeling. You lost two men in Berlin and you want it to mean something, but nothing Bourne gives you will bring your men back. Nothing in those files makes their sacrifice worthwile. You have to let go. We're professionals, when an operation goes bad, we tie it off.”
- From the movie: Tennessee Johnson
“I must pronounce our solemn farewell. Under these circumstances, of course, my functions - and those of my colleagues - terminate here.”
- From the movie: No Looking Back
- From the movie: His Girl Friday
-Walter Burns: You're a newspaperman.
- Hildy Johnson: That's why I'm quitting. I want to go someplace where I can be a woman.
- Walter Burns: You mean "be a traitor".
- From the movie: Duck Soup
- From the animation: Robots
“- Aunt Fanny: Fighting never solved anything.
- Bigweld: Quitting's not so productive, either.”
- From the animation: Chicken Run
“- Ginger: So laying eggs all your life and then getting plucked, stuffed, and roasted is good enough for you, is it?
- Babs: It's a livin'.”
- From the movie: Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her
“Maybe she was just tired of dead ends, phone calls that were never returned, promises that were never kept, tripping over the same stone.”