Resignation quotes36 resignation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Compulsive Dog: He threw the ball! Oh, he threw the ball! I'll get it! I'll get it! I love you! I love you! You threw the ball!
- Rodney: You can't save them all, Hasselhoff.”
“- Eggsy: Harry. What's going on?
- Harry Hart: I was just packing. Look at all these lovely toiletries Merlin very kindly gave me as a leaving present. Here, try this aftershave.
- Eggsy: Yeah, I know, Harry. I'm wearing it. Listen. You can't just give up.
- Harry Hart: Give up? No, on the contrary, I'm about to achieve my dream. Researching...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There are times when I want to get out of the business. Everybody wants to make these big epic entertainments. They're empty. And worst of all, a lot of them just aren't very well made, but the critics go overboard.”
“Sometimes to do what's right we must be steady and give up the things we desire the most, even our dreams.”
“I'm getting married, Walter, and I'm also getting as far away from the newspaper business as I can get.”
“Any show of resistance would be futile, Captain.”
“The only way to resign from our profession is to die.”
“I wish I could tell you we can prevent the coming destruction. We cannot. Today, none of us are strangers. Today, we are one family, stepping into the darkness together.”
“- Javert: Monsieur, a grave violation of the public trust has been committed. An inferior has shown a complete lack of respect for the law. He must be exposed and punished.
- Valjean: Who is the offender?
- Javert: I am. I slandered you Monsieur Le Maire, I'm here to ask that you demand my dismissal.”
“Thirty years ago that girl you talked to probably would have married her fiancé because it would have been expected, but she ended up leaving him. Maybe that's what the 60's were all about... getting rid of the roles. But what do we replace them with? Without any guidance, the choices become overwhelming. Sometimes it just makes everything feel...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.”
“- Plio: What is your fate?
- Bruton: To die here. It's the way things are.
- Plio: Only if you give up. It's your choice, not your fate.”
“- Anton: You've gone as far as you can go. You come with me now!
- Vincent: There is still a few million miles left to go.”
- Mr. Gordon: You're fired.
- Lawrence "Larry" Stevens: You can't fire me. I quit.
“I know how you're feeling. You lost two men in Berlin and you want it to mean something, but nothing Bourne gives you will bring your men back. Nothing in those files makes their sacrifice worthwile. You have to let go. We're professionals, when an operation goes bad, we tie it off.”
-Walter Burns: You're a newspaperman.
- Hildy Johnson: That's why I'm quitting. I want to go someplace where I can be a woman.
- Walter Burns: You mean "be a traitor".
“- Aunt Fanny: Fighting never solved anything.
- Bigweld: Quitting's not so productive, either.”
“- Ginger: So laying eggs all your life and then getting plucked, stuffed, and roasted is good enough for you, is it?
- Babs: It's a livin'.”
“Maybe she was just tired of dead ends, phone calls that were never returned, promises that were never kept, tripping over the same stone.”