Bernard Hill quotes
“- Eowyn: I'm going to save you.
- Theoden: You already did... Eowyn. My body is broken. You have to let me go. I go to my fathers, in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed.”
“- Mathayus: All right, that was the easy part. Everybody know what to do?
- Balthazar: Cripple the guards.
- Philos: Ignite the powder.
- Arpid: And try not to get killed.”
“I had a really good time working with Jim Cameron. A lot of people didn't, but I did as I got on with him really quite well.”
“I don't understand why people expect tips.”
“There was an undercurrent of poverty throughout my childhood.”
“These things go through all kind of trials and appeals before they get to us. No use trying to figure out who's naughty or nice and then come sliding down the chimney like a hero. Not on execution day. You're not Santa Claus. No such thing as Santa Claus.”
“Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end, as to be worthy of remembrance.”
“Simbelmyne. Ever has it grown on the tombs of my forebears. Now it shall cover the grave of my son. Alas, that these evil days should be mine. The young perish and the old linger. That I should live to see that last days of my house.”
“- Col. John Henry Patterson: You don't enjoy killing, do you?
- Dr. David Hawthorne: Then why do it?
- Charles Remington: Because I've got a gift.”
“- Aragorn: The Beacons of Minas Tirith! The Beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid.
- Theoden: And Rohan will answer. Muster the Rohirrim. Assemble the army at Dunharrow. As many men as can be found. You have two days. On the third, we ride for Gondor... and war.”
“- Saruman: You have fought many wars and slain many men, Theoden King, and made peace afterwards. Can we not take council as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace?
- Theoden: We shall have peace... We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace when the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Philos: Good lord. Are you going to kill me?
- Mathayus: Maybe later.”