Conformity quotes39 conformity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Being a fish out of water is tough, but that's how you evolve.”
“Everybody tries to be exactly the same. I think being an outsider is a good thing.”
- From the movie: Desert Hearts
- From the movie: Murder She Said
“- Alexander: We've never had a golf-playing maid before.
- Miss Marple: You may have heard that this is the Age of the Common Woman.”
“Unless you hit your television with a sledgehammer, you're not going to be able to be an individual.”
“Never follow anyone else's path, unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path; then, by all means, you should follow that path.”
“A charming woman... doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself.”
- From the movie: Thank You For Smoking
“My point is that you have to think for yourself. If your parents told you that chocolate was dangerous would you take their word for it? So perhaps instead of acting like sheep when it comes to cigarettes you should find out for yourself.”
- From the movie: The Edge of Seventeen
“You know what? I'm gonna go ahead, and I'm gonna tell you the real reason I'm having my lunch with you today. You see, I don't really have any friends, at the moment, and, to be completely honest with you, I'm not interested. At all. My entire generation is a bunch of mouth breathers. They literally have a seizure if you take their phone away...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
- From the movie: Living Out Loud
“I want to feel my life. I want to stop agreeing to things, I don't really want.”
- From the movie: Marie Antoinette
“- Princesse de Lamballe: I would have told him exactly what to do with it.
- Duchesse de Polignac: What's that, darling?
- Princesse de Lamballe: Put it back in his trousers where it belongs.
- Duchesse de Polignac: Lamballe, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a prude.”
- La trovi in History of Cinema in Quotes
“The mainstream is generally garbage.”
“I think being different, going against the grain of society is the greatest thing in the world.”
- La trovi in Celebrities on other topics
“When people are very original, sometimes they are original as a way to resist the mainstream.”
- From the movie: The People vs. Larry Flynt
“Unpopular speech is absolutely vital to the health of our nation.”
- From the movie: They Live
“We could be pets, we could be food, but all we really are is livestock.”
- From the movie: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
“Nothing so deadens a man as ignorant numbness and conformity! Grasp the nettle!”
- From the animation: Antz
“What a bunch of losers. Mindless zombies capitulating to an oppressive system.”
- From the movie: Accepted
- From the movie: Alien
- Ripley: Whenever he says "anything" you say "right", Brett. You know that?
- Brett: Right.
- Ripley: Parker, what do you think? Your staff just follows you around and says "right". Just like a regular parrot.
- Parker: Shape up. What are you, some kind of parrot?
- Brett: Right.
- From the movie: Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
“You gave me courage, Lola. Because of you I'm brave enough to be different.”
- From the movie: Steel
“Isn't there a law against these guys all being in the same state?”
- From the movie: Talk Radio
“You've got nothing, absolutely nothing. No brains, no power, no future, no hope, no God. The only thing you believe in is me. What are you if you don't have me. I'm not afraid see. I come in here every night, I make my case, I make my point, I say what I believe in. I tell you what you are, I have to, I have no choice! You frighten me! I come in...” (continue)(continue reading)