Aaron Eckhart quotes
“A film has its own life and takes its own time.”
“- Two-Face: The joker chose me!
- Batman: Because you were the best of us. He wanted to prove that even someone as good as you could fall.
- Two-Face: And he was right.”
“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”
“- Mike Banning: I was wondering when you were gonna come out of the closet.
- Benjamin Asher: That's not funny.”
“I will not be executed as propaganda. You don’t let them take me; if it comes to it I want you to kill me. That’s an order.”
“We've lost good friends. Family. All good people. Heroes, every one of them. Our hearts and prayers go out to their families. And they will be remembered. Nor will we forget those who serve out of the spotlight, to whom we owe our highest gratitude.”
“We will rise renewed, stronger, and united. This is our time. Our chance to get back to the best of who we are. To lead by example with the dignity, integrity, and honor that built this country. And which will build it once again. May God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.”
“- Joey Naylor: Do I have flexible morals?
- Nick Naylor: Let's say you became a lawyer and you were asked to defend a murderer worse than that, a child murderer now, the law states that every person deserves a fair trial, would you defend him?
- Joey Naylor: I don't know, I guess every person deserves a fair defense.
- Nick Naylor: So do...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Benjamin Asher: [out jogging] What are you made of?
- Mike Banning: [starts running backwards] Burbon and poor choices sir.”
“- Senator Lothridge: Mr. Naylor we're hear to examine the possibility of a warning label on cigarettes. I have to ask you out of formality: do you believe that smoking cigarettes, over time, can lead to lung cancer and lead to other respiratory conditions such as emphysema?
- Nick Naylor: Yes. In fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to find...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Senator Ortolan Finistirre: What are you going to do when he turns 18? C'mon, Mr. Naylor. On his 18th birthday will you share a cigarette with him? Will you spend a lovely afternoon like one of your ludicrous cigarette advertisements? You seem to have to have a lot to say about how we should raise our children. What of your own? What are you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Right there, looking into Joey's eyes, it all came back in a rush. Why I do what I do. Defending the defenseless, protecting the disenfranchised corporations that have been abandoned by their very own consumers.”
“- Nick Naylor: That's disgusting!
- Bobby Jay Bliss: It's American.”
“The sole purpose of their meetings is to compete for the highest death tolls and how to compare strategies on how to dupe the American people.”
“- Kate: What are we going to do about work?
- Nick: What we always do. You tell me what to do and then I'll go behind your back and do whatever I want.”
“That's the beauty of argument: if you argue correctly, you're never wrong.”
“These days, when someone smokes in the movies, they're either a psychopath or a European.”