- Marcy: My husband was a movie freak. Actually, he was particularly obsessed with one movie, "The Wizard of Oz". He talked about it constantly. I thought it was cute at first. On our wedding night, I was a virgin. When we made love - you've seen the movie, haven't you?
- Paul Hackett: "The Wizard of Oz"? Yeah, I've seen it.
- Marcy: Well, when... (continue) (continue reading)
“After Hours” quotes(1985)
Plot – One evening after work, a young computer expert called Paul Hackett walks into a bar for a coffee and meets Marcy, a cute and casual girl who seems enjoying his presence. Before leaving, she leaves him the phone number of her friend sculptor Kiki. Paul, intrigued and attracted, makes a phone call and Marcy invites him to go at her's. Although it's rather late, Paul arrives in the seedy Soho neighbour and finds Kiki, who tells him Marcy is arriving. After some misunderstandings, Paul leaves Marcy alone and walks into a bar where he meets Tom, the host, and Julia, the waitress, and they make friendship. Tom offers to help him but Paul in turn has to go to his house to check the alarm, because of some strange and frequent thefts in the area. Paul goes to Tom's but runs into his roommates who mistakes him for an intruder.
All actors – Griffin Dunne, Rosanna Arquette, Verna Bloom, Tommy Chong, Linda Fiorentino, Teri Garr, John Heard, Cheech Marin, Catherine O'Hara, Dick Miller, Will Patton, Robert Plunket, Bronson Pinchot, Rocco Sisto, Larry Block, Victor Argo, Murray Moston, John P. Codiglia, Clarke Evans, Victor Bumbalo, Joel Jason, Rand Carr, Clarence Felder, Henry Judd Baker, Margo Winkler, Victor Magnotta, Robin Johnson, Stephen Lim, Frank Aquilino, Maree Catalano, Paula Raflo, Rockets Redglare, Charles Scorsese, Martin Scorseseshow all
“After Hours” Quotes 16 quotes
“- June: Why are you doing this?
- Paul Hackett: What?
- June: You flirt with me. You share your cigarette with me. You dance with me. You're nice to me. Why are doing this?
- Paul Hackett: I want - to live.”
“What do you know man? A stereo's a stereo. Art is forever!”
“- Tom the Bartender: How about a drink? You look like you could use one.
- Paul Hackett: You don't happen to have any powerful aphrodisiacs back there, do you?”
“- Paul Hackett: You have a great body.
- Kiki: Yes. Not a lot of scars.”
“- Paul Hackett: Why don't you just tell me what's wrong?
- Marcy: I was raped once. As a matter of fact it happened right here in this very room. I lived here once. He came in through there off the fire escape. He held a knife to my throat and said if I made any noise, he'd cut my tongue out. He tied me to the bed... he took his time... six...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Julie: I'm gonna give you a present.
- Paul Hackett: Don't do that. That's really not necessary at all. I mean, I've only known you for, what, an hour.
- Julie: No, no, no. You said that you were gonna come back and you did. In these days, that is something to be commended and rewarded. Do you know what this is?
- Paul Hackett: No.
- Julie:...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Paul Hackett: Can I ask you something? I've wanted to ask you this all night. Who's Franklin?
- Marcy: Franklin? Franklin is my husband.
- Paul Hackett: Really? Is that - his loft, then?
- Marcy: He owns it yes.
- Paul Hackett: Well, do you live with him?
- Marcy: No, he's in Turkey. Look, I stayed with my husband for three days. I was very...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Paul Hackett: Couldn't you just give me one token, please?
- Subway Attendant: I can't do that. I may lose my job.
- Paul Hackett: Well, who would know... exactly?
- Subway Attendant: I could go to a party, get drunk, talk to someone... who knows?”