“Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story” quotes(2004)
Plot – The Average Joe's Gym is to be acquired by the powerful White Goodamn and to avoid it its owner Peter LaFleur decides to challenge his rival in a game-showdown of dodgeball. His teammates are the messy members of the gym, a group of blunderers that will do anything to win the impossible bet.
All actors – Vince Vaughn, Christine Taylor, Ben Stiller, Rip Torn, Justin Long, Stephen Root, Joel David Moore, Chris Williams, Alan Tudyk, Missi Pyle, Jamal Duff, Gary Cole, Jason Bateman, Hank Azaria, Al Kaplon, Lance Armstrong, Chuck Norris, William Shatner, David Hasselhoff, Julie Gonzalo, Trever O'Brien, Cayden Boyd, Rusty Joiner, Kevin Porter, Brandon Molale, Suzy Nakamura, Lori Beth Denberg, Julia Ensign, David Boyd, Bowd Beal, Curtis Armstrong, Tate Chalk, Jordyn Colemon, Hayley C. Rosales, Bix Barnaba, Earl Schuman, Robert 'Duckie' Carpenter, Tony Daly, Amy Stiller, Jim Cody Williams, John Kesler, Doug Grimes, Scarlett Chorvat, Matt Levin, Rawson Marshall Thurber, Sik End, Stephen B. Turner, Tim Soergel, Andy Chanley, Priscilla Leona Horne, Jeffrey Kennedy, Tobias McKinney, Brian W. Wallaceshow all
“Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story” Quotes 21 quotes
“If you're going to become true dodgeballers, then you've got to learn the five d's of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!”
“- Peter La Fleur: White, you're a lot dumber than I thought.
- White Goodman: Oh, I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought that I was once.”
“- Kate Veatch: White? What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?
- White Goodman: It's called the Freedom of Information Act, Kate. The hippies finally got something right! Ha ha! Just kidding. But not really.”
“- Kate Veatch: I'm fine. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
- White Goodman: In some cultures, they only eat vomit. I never been there, but I read about it... in a book.”
“- Cotton McKnight: I'm being told that Average Joe's does not have enough players and will be forfeiting the championship match.
- Pepper Brooks: It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.”
I love happy endings. You know, that's the problem with... the American cinema: can't handle any complexity in it, you know? "Don't make me think, I just wanna be entertained".
“Yeh, that's me taking the bull by the horns, it's how I like to run my business. It's a metaphor. But that actually happened though.”
“- Patches O'Houlihan: Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
- Peter La Fleur: Probably not.
- Patches O'Houlihan: No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
- Peter La Fleur: ...Okay.”
“- Peter La Fleur: Hang on a second. You wanna become a cheerleader to prove you are not a loser?
- Justin: Yeah. Why?
- Peter La Fleur: Nothing. High school's changed a bit since I was a kid.”
“- Cotton McKnight: Average Joe's has a tough job, facing the Lumberjacks. These woodsmen probably haven't even smelled a woman in eight months.
- Pepper Brooks: They must masturbate a lot, Cotton.”
“- Patches O'Houlihan: If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
- Justin: What?
[Patches O'Houlihan throws a wrench and hits Justin in the face]”
“- White Goodman: Donde está la biblioteca, Pedro?
- Peter La Fleur: White?
- White Goodman: We're opening a new Globo Gym in Mexico City, so I've been boning up on my Spanish.”
“Nobody makes me bleed my own blood. Nobody!”
“- White Goodman: My gym is worth more than four million dollars, your gym isn't even worth four. My gym has stockholders, your gym doesn't even have cup holders.
- Peter La Fleur: Why would I want cup holders?”
“Dodgeball is a sport of violence, exclusion, and degradation.”