Plot – The story of "Gifted" starts in a small town near Tampa, FL, where the young Mary Adler is raised by her uncle, Frank, who took care of his sister's daughter after her death. When Mary is 7 years old, she shows an incredible ability with numbers and math, and even if she's still very young, she's able to solve complex and advanced equations by herself, arousing the curiosity of the teachers and of the school principal. Her grandmother Evelyn wants her grand-daughter to receive a better education in Massachusetts, in an academic environment and with a team of specialists. Frank, though, who is trying to respect the promise he made to Mary's mom before she died, that her daughter would live a happy childhood in a public school, almost loses the foster care.
All actors – Chris Evans, Mckenna Grace, Lindsay Duncan, Octavia Spencer, Jenny Slate, Michael Kendall Kaplan, John M. Jackson, Glenn Plummer, John Finn, Elizabeth Marvel, Candace B. Harris, Jon Sklaroff, Jona Xiao, Julie Ann Emery, Keir O'Donnell, Crystal Freyermuth, Maia Moss-Fife, Brody Rose, Joe Chrest, Ashley L. Thomas, Danielle Deadwyler, Jack Landry, Karleigh Chase, Will Buie Jr., Desmond Phillips, Teresa L. Graves, Gordon Danniels, Walt Edler, Jordan Ellenberg, Miley Nyguen, Aidan McKenna Bateman, Jaylyn Hawkins, Riley Harvey, David Cordell, , Kelly Collins Lintz, Jeremy Ambler, Patrick Appolonia, Samantha Bell, Dylan Bethany, Maiya Boyd, Glenn D. Bridges, Julian Brittano, Tommy Brown, Marquice Cannady, Brian Clackley, Eva Coleman, Kelly Copeland, Darion Costley, Jimmie Cummings, Rayshaun Deese, Lucas DeWindt, Rich Lane Disco, Merrik Foune, Devan Gerlach, Emelita T. Gonzalez, Mia Sinclair Jenness, Jonathan Kankolenski, David Karczewski, Scott Christopher Kelly, Douglas LaPonzina, Alona Leoine, Woods Lovett, Alyssa AnnMarie Marquez, Sage Mayer, Carissa Mejias, Cameron Mills, Tyrone Neal, Daniel Nickels, Thomas Parrish IV, Bobby Pizer, Issac Ruff, Raegan-Alexis Santucci, Alicia Sessions, Mark Ezra Stokes, Brianna Veres, Sophia Veres, Claire Weinstein, Trina Whitaker, Frank R. Wilson, AnnaLily Wynn, Steve Zemashow all
“Gifted” Quotes 16 quotes
“Never get on the bad side of small-minded people who have a little authority.”
“- Evelyn Adler: Midlife crisis, apparently.
- Frank Adler: He's 70.
- Evelyn Adler: I know. Must have been on time delay or something.”
“- Frank Adler: Look, just don't worry, okay?
- Roberta Taylor: Don't tell me that. There's nothing you can say that's gonna make me feel good because I have no say in any of this, Frank. I'm not a blood relative! I'm not a legal guardian! I'm nothing! Just a lady who lives next door whose opinions mean nothing, whose feelings mean nothing! Would...” (continue)(continue reading)
“She's not normal, but if Einstein can ride a bike so can she.”
“This family has a history with those schools. And I think the last thing that little girl needs is reinforcement that she's different. Trust me, she knows. So... I think Mary. I think she's gotta be here. Today's a badending, you can't hit people. But a 12 year old bullies a 7 year old and she stands up? Do you know how important that is to me...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mary Adler: You drive like an old lady.
- Frank Adler: It's Florida, I'm blending in.”
- Frank Adler: Miss Davis, if we separate our leaders - if we segregate them from people like you and me - you get "congressmen". So I'm sorry. I wish I can take your offer, but Mary stays. Unless you kick her out.
- Gloria Davis: This is a mistake. We'll never be able to raise this child to the level of scholarship she deserves.
- Frank Adler:... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mary Adler: My best friend, other than Frank and Fred, is Roberta who lives a couple houses away.
- Pat Golding: Really? What's she like?
- Mary Adler: She's nice and funny. And I love her.
- Pat Golding: That's nice. Is Roberta your only friend your age?
- Mary Adler: Roberta's not my age. She's like 40, 50... 30-something. Roberta's grown...” (continue)(continue reading)