Octavia Spencer quotes
“The way to bring about change is to be proactive and active.”
“If you act right, you are right. That's for certain.”
“Separate and equal are two different things. Just 'cause it's the way, doesn't make it right.”
“- Harriet Wilson: Given Luce’s background, you and Peter should have confronted fairly a number of challenges. The language barrier, the tradition shock.
- Amy Edgar: I imply you don’t pull a child out of a warzone and have him end up like Luce with out a number of assist.
- Harriet Wilson: Which is why that is so tough.
- Amy Edgar: Troublesome?” (continue)(continue reading)
“Man is as silent as the grave. But if farts were flattery? Honey, he'd be Shakespeare.”
“- Frank Adler: Look, just don't worry, okay?
- Roberta Taylor: Don't tell me that. There's nothing you can say that's gonna make me feel good because I have no say in any of this, Frank. I'm not a blood relative! I'm not a legal guardian! I'm nothing! Just a lady who lives next door whose opinions mean nothing, whose feelings mean nothing! Would...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Richard Strickland: The thing we keep in there is an affront. Do you know what an affront is, Zelda?
- Zelda: Something offensive?
- Richard Strickland: That's right. And I should know, I dragged that... filthy thing... out of the river muck in South America all the way here. And along the way we didn't get to like each other much. Now. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Some of the best minds in the country peein' all over the floor in this here facility.”
“Short people are mean. I never met a short man that stays nice all the way through. No sir. Mean little backstabbers, all of 'em. Maybe it's the air down there. Not enough oxygen or somethin'.”
“- Josie Geller: That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life, and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Never trust a man. Even when he looks flat down there.”
“You have to create your own path and I'm up to the challenge.”
“To be silent is to be passive.”