Barry Pepper quotes
“Some had families waiting. For others, their only family would be the men they bled beside. There were no bands, no flags, no Honor Guards to welcome them home. They went to war because their country ordered them to. But in the end, they fought not for their country or their flag, they fought for each other.”
“These are the true events of November, 1965, in the Ia Drang Valley of Vietnam. A place our country does not remember, in a war it does not understand.”
“We were soldiers once, and young.”
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I'll never forgive myself.
- Joe Galloway: For what, sir?
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: That my men died and I didn't.”
“We who have seen war will never stop seeing it. In the silence of the night we will always hear the screams.”
“I'm Irish. I can't get drunk.”
“I identify with the Clint Eastwoods and Harrison Fords. Those are my heroes.”
“Well, I'm Canadian. True, north, strong, and free.”
“I already gave them my word. I told them I'd bring them all home to their mothers, which means I already lied to half of them. Can't lie to the rest.”
“- Terl: Why don't you vaporize me?
- Jonnie Goodboy Tyler: Leverage.”
“- Milt Kahn: Do you think you earned their respect out there today?
- Roger Maris: Milt, I don't think that's something you earn on a ballfield.”
“- Roger Maris: Mick, did you ever stop and think, if you took better care of yourself, you wouldn't be getting hurt all the time. Did you see what you did out there today with only one arm, and tonight you're out screwing around! How can you do that? You're Mickey Mantle for Christ's Sake!
- Mickey Mantle: What's that supposed to mean huh? What...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Robert Clayton Dean: I was shopping for some lingerie. That's still legal, isn't it?
- David Pratt: Were you buying that for your wife?
- Robert Clayton Dean: No, I was picking something up for myself, I do a little cross dressing on the weekends. You know, you'd be surprised how a nice pair of edible panties can make a guy feel sexy.”