“Shallow Grave” quotes(1994)
Plot – In Scotland the reporter Alex Law, the clerk David Stephens and the doctor Juliet Miller would like to share their apartment with a fourth roommate. After laborious selections, they choose the taciturn and reserved Hugo. Then he's found dead and among his things there's a suitcase full of money. Alex, David and Juliet think to keep it, burying the corpse after sawing his fingers and disfiguring his face. Meanwhile, two criminals torture Hugo's partner to find out where the money is. They find the address and penetrate into the three guys' apartment.
All actors – Kerry Fox, Christopher Eccleston, Ewan McGregor, Ken Stott, Keith Allen, Colin McCredie, Victoria Nairn, Gary Lewis, Jean Marie Coffey, Peter Mullan, Leonard O'Malley, David Scoularshow all
“Shallow Grave” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Juliet Miller: You're frightened.
- Alex Law: I'm not frightened. I'm a little terrified, maybe.”
“Juliet, you're a doctor. You kill people every day.”
“Normally I don't usually meet people, unless I already know them.”
“- Alex Law: I don't know why we couldn't just stuff it in a mattress, or under the floorboards like any other human being!
- Juliet Miller: Stop nagging, Alex.
- Alex Law: We coulda hid it in the fridge.”
“This affair you're not having - is it not with a man, or not with a woman?”
“- David Stephens: You paid 500 pounds for this?
- Juliet Miller: That's what it cost, David.
- David Stephens: No, no, that's what you paid for it. 500 pounds is what you paid for it. We don't know how much it cost us yet. For you two to have a good time, we don't know the cost of that yet.”
“- Juliet Miller: We're going to dance?
- Alex Law: Well, it's physical contact, isn't it?”
“- Alex Law: It's not every day I find a story in my own flat.
- Juliet Miller: It's not a story, Alex. It's a corpse.”
“When you get up in the morning, how do you decide what shade of black to wear?”
“I am not ashamed. I have known love. I have known rejection. I am not ashamed to declare my feelings; take trust for instance, or friendship. These are the important things in life. These are the things that matter, that help you on your way. If you can't trust your friends, well, what then... What then?... Oh, yes. I believe in friends. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Family? Family? Friends? Drugged-up wandering suicidal search of the self fuck-ups don't have families.”
“I've never seen a dead body before. I saw my grandmother of course, but I don't think that counts. I mean, she was alive at the time.”
“Victory is the same as defeat. It's giving in to destructive competitive urges.”
“- David Stephens: Well, Brian McKinley, if you want to talk to my girlfriend you talk to me first. If you want to dance with her, then you apply in writing three weeks in advance or you're going to end up inside a fucking bin-bag. You didn't apply so you don't dance.
- Juliet Miller: Do you think you could try to be a little more forceful next...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My first impression, and they're rarely wrong, is that you have none of the qualities that we normally seek in a prospective flatmate. I'm talking here about things like presence, charisma, style and charm, and I don't think we're asking too much, I don't think we're being unreasonable. Take David here, for instance: a chartered accountant he...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Detective Inspector McCall: In your work you must meet lots of different people every day. New people, new faces, no?
- Juliet Miller: Yes.
- Detective Inspector McCall: What do you recognize most, names or faces?
- Juliet Miller: Diseases.
- Detective Inspector McCall: Like recognizing criminals by their crimes.”