“The Other Sister” quotes(1999)
Plot – Carla is an ambitious but mentally retarded girl who, thanks to her enormous efforts and a specialized school, manages to become more autonomous. Her overprotective mother Elizabeth is unable to accept Carla’s love for Danny, a mentally retarded guy as well. Carla will prove her that despite the appearances she can be a responsible adult.
All actors – Juliette Lewis, Diane Keaton, Tom Skerritt, Giovanni Ribisi, Poppy Montgomery, Sarah Paulson, Linda Thorson, Joe Flanigan, Juliet Mills, Tracy Reiner, Hope Alexander-Willis, Harvey Millershow all
“The Other Sister” Quotes 26 quotes
“And we love each other so much that last Thanksgiving, we did it!”
“- Elizabeth: When you think you are in love your eyes are closed to all logic and reason. It's not the time to make a big decision.
- Carla: No but my eyes are not closed mother...
- Elizabeth: Shh dear Carla we can have this discussion without you getting upset in front of everybody, Carla...
- Carla: [shouting] My eyes are not closed mother!”
“- Daniel: Carla? Do you get paid in marshmellows?
- Carla: No, why?
- Daniel: 'Ca-ca-ca-cause I get paid in marshmellows. I like marshmellows.”
“- Daniel McMann: A-Another reason I got mad is 'cause I didn't want you to think I was dumb.
- Carla Tate: I could never think that.”
“Stop laughing at me!”
“No, I'm not better. I'm just me, Mom! Can't you see me?! You never look at me! No matter how long I wait I can't be a painter, and I can't play tennis, and I'm not an artist. But I know how to do something, and I can love.”
“Look Danny, walkin' Wally is walking for us!”
“- Daniel: If I remember correctly page 146 looks pretty good.
- Carla: How much do you weigh?
- Daniel: Um, I weigh 145 and four ounces.
- Carla: Four ounces.
- Daniel: Yeah.
- Carla: Well that sounds okay.
- Daniel: Yeah. So, do you wanna do it now?”
“- Radley: Who's that?
- Carla : Oh, that's just my friend Daniel, but I like to call him Danny.
- Radley: Yeah? Well Danny's kinda cute.
- Carla: Stop teasing dad!!!”
“- Daniel McMann: Are you ready? Cause I'm ready!
- Carla Tate: No Daniel, uh, I'm not ready.
- Daniel McMann: Ohh.
- Carla Tate: I was thinking we could wait 'til the next holiday cause holidays are special.
- Daniel McMann: Oh cause I feel special right now Carla.”
“- Carla: My dad gives these instead of candy!
- Daniel: Up and down, but not across. ”
- Carla Tate: [quoting one of her teachers] Yeah, and she also told me that people like us, they - boys can try to take advantage and that they'll try to coitus us. So if that should ever happen, to say, "No!"
- Elizabeth: Oh. Okay.
- Carla Tate: "Stop right there!"
- Elizabeth: Good. That's excellent advice. What else did she say to you?
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“But Daniel, you didn't fail by much...just a smidge.”
“- Radley: My pumpkin's a duck!
- Carla: No, I'm a swan!”
“- Carla: Do they live happily ever after, Daniel?
- Danny: I don't know. They didn't make a Graduate 2.”
“- Danny: Do you want to be my friend?
- Carla: But I am your friend.
- Danny: No I mean boy, girl friend.
- [she reaches for her purse]
- Danny: Are you getting the pepper spray?
- Carla: No, I'm thinking. OK.
- Danny: OK.”
“I passed it, Daniel. I passed my subject in a regular school with real tests and regular teachers. I did it, Daniel. I love Polytechnic School! I love my teachers! I love everybody, Daniel!”
“I love you every minute. I love you more than band music and cookie-making.”
“- Elizabeth: He won't be able to take care of you! He can barely take care of himself!
- Carla: We can take care of each other!”
“- Danny: I-I-I also got a job that pays money.
- Carla: Really?
- Danny: I bake cookies at Emil's Bakery.I got a cookie maker's hat and everything.”
“- Carla Tate: I wonder who thought up sex in the first place, Danny?
- Daniel McMann: I think it was Madonna, actually.”
“Don't worry, 'cause I've been house trained.”