Timothy Spall quotes
“I like to think he may have at last found some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.”
- Luke Shand: What happened at Sunderland?
- David "Beano" Baggot: He tried to slash his wrists with my Swiss army knife.
- Les Wickes: Yeah, he'd never find the blade.
- David "Beano" Baggot: You were engaged to a Guinness heiress, wasn't it?
- Tony Costello: Yeah, but they paid me to go away.
“We can't have our law officers beatin' people half to death for no reason.”
“I'm working class, and want people to know I'm not unintelligent and all the other cliches that come with it.”
“I was always insecure about the way I looked.”
“I know I work quite hard at making people like me.”
“Imagination is a beast that has to be put in a cage.”
“- Nick: Here's a thought. Why don't we get an egg and start our own chicken farm? That way we'd have all the eggs we could eat.
- Fetcher: Right. We'll need a chicken, then.
- Nick: No... no, we'll need an egg. You have the egg first, that's where you get the chicken from.
- Fetcher: No, that's cobblers. If you don't have a chicken, where are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Life isn't fair then is it. Somebody always draws the short straw.”
“- Nathaniel: Sire, do you like yourself?
- Prince Edward: What's not to like?”
“One should be rewarded on one's merits, not on one's ability to ingratiate oneself with the management. Particularly when the management have difficulty in locating the relative whereabouts of the arse and the elbow.”
“- Nick: Imagine a world before chickens - a chickenless, eggless world...
- Fetcher: I am - and it's horrible.”
“The days of the Samurai had ended. Nations, like men, it is sometimes said, have their own destiny.”
“They say Japan was made by a sword. They say the old gods dipped a coral blade into the ocean, and when they pulled it out four perfect drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the islands of Japan.”
“You certainly have a way with words, Pete. No wonder you're a writer.”
“- Steven Grlscz: I give them the card and tell them it's not something I normally do.
- Inspector Healey: And the number?
- Steven Grlscz: I don't use it to anything else.
- Inspector Healey: Why?
- Steven Grlscz: So I know who is calling when they call me.”
- Ray Simms: Beano, you are definitely our strongest link to the past. In all the time I've known you man, spirtually, emotionally there's been like zero growth. You're what they call a "flat liner".
- David "Beano" Baggot: Well it's better than being a wanker!