“Crimson Tide” quotes(1995)
Plot – A leader of the ultra-nationalist Russian party, leading a small army of rebels from the ranks of the dissolved Soviet army, manages to get hold of a atomic base, triggering the worst global crisis since the Bay of Pigs. In a world on the brink of disaster, the submarine “Alabama” sails off to patrol a section of Russia's territorial waters, carrying nuclear warheads that could trigger World War III. Suddenly the “Alabama” is ordered to launch its missiles...
All actors – Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman, Matt Craven, George Dzundza, Viggo Mortensen, James Gandolfini, Rocky Carroll, Jaime Gomez, Michael Milhoan, Scott Burkholder, Danny Nucci, Lillo Brancato, Eric Bruskotter, Ricky Schroder, Steve Zahn, Marcello Thedford, R.J. Knoll, Billy Devlin, Matthew Barry, Christopher Birt, Jim Boyce, Jacob Vargas, Kai Lennox, Michael D. Weatherred, Tommy Bush, Earl Billings, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Michael Chieffo, Ashley Smock, James Lesure, Trevor St. John, Dennis Garber, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Brenden Jefferson, Ashley Calloway, Daniel von Bargen, Richard Valeriani, Warren Olney, Rad Daly, Sean O'Bryan, Victor Togunde, Troy A. Cephers, Armand Watson, Brent Goldberg, Scott Grimes, Ryan Phillippe, Dale Andre Lee Everett, Angela C. Tortu, Ronald Ramessar, Robin Faraday, Bob Stone, Henry Mortensen, Chris Ellis, , Skip Beard, Lennox Brown, John Daniels, Gerald Emerick, Mo Gallini, Steve Gonzales, Jason Robards, Lars Woodsshow all
“Crimson Tide” Quotes 18 quotes
“the purpose of war is to serve a political end but the true nature of war is to serve itself.”
“See you in my dreams.”
“Those sailors out there are just boys... boys who are training to do a terrible and unthinkable thing, and if that ever occurs the only reassurance they'll have that they're doing the proper thing is gonna derive from their unqualified belief in the unified chain of command. That means we don't question each other's motives in front of the crew....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Mr Hunter, we have rules that are not open to interpretation, personal intuition, gut feelings, hairs on the back of your neck, little devils or angels sitting on your shoulder. We're all very well aware of what our orders are and what those orders mean. They come down from our Commander in Chief. They contain no ambiguity.”
“Horses're fascinating animals. Dumb as fenceposts but very intuitive. In that way they're not too different from high school girls: they may not have a brain in their head but they do know all the boys want to fuck 'em.”
“- Hunter: Thank you, COB.
- Cob: Thank you? Fuck you! Get it straight Mr Hunter, I'm not on your side. Now you could be wrong! But wrong or right, the Captain can't just replace you at will. That was completely improper! And that's why I did what I did. By the book.
- Hunter: I thank you anyway.”
“All I ask is that you keep up with me. If you can't, then that strange sensation you'll be feeling in the seat of your pants will be my boot in your ass!”
“- Ramsey: How do you like that cigar?
- Hunter: It's good, sir.
- Capt. Ramsey: It's your first?
- Hunter: Yeah.
- Ramsey: Well, don't like it too much. They're more expensive than drugs.”
“- Hunter: Yes, sir I've seen them. Yes, sir I was aware that they're are all white. They are not from Portugal; they're from Spain and at birth, they're not white; they're black. Sir.
- Ramsey: I didn't know that. But they are from Portugal. Some of the things they do, uh, defy belief. Their training program is simplicity itself. You just stick...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hunter: They cannot come back Weps, and you know the repercussions if we're wrong, goddamnit. Weps, if we fire now, we'll be firing when we're blind and crippled, you understand that?
- Weps: Where the fuck are you?
- Hunter: Do not remove the firing trigger! Do not open that safe, Weps. It's up to you, you're the only one who knows the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Motherfucker! Fucking guinea piece of shit.”
“- Ramsey: The sailor most likely to win the war is the one most willing to part company with the politicians and ignore everything except the destruction of the enemy. You'd agree with that.
- Hunter: I'd agree that, um, that's what Clausewitz was trying to say.
- Ramsey: But you wouldn't agree with it?
- Hunter: No, sir, I do not. No, I just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hunter: Captain Ramsey, under operating procedures governing the release of nuclear weapons, we cannot launch our missiles unless both you and I agree.
- Ramsey: COB, what're you waiting for?
- Hunter: This is not a formality, sir! This is expressly why your command must be repeated. It requires my assent, I do not give it and furthermore, you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Weps: Well, we don't know that for sure that's the whole point. That is why he needs time to confirm the message.
- Zimmer: That's the whole fuckin' point is that we don't got time! Radchenko is fueling his birds and why do you think he's doing that? Huh? Why? Because you don't put on a condom until you're gonna fuck!”