“Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark” quotes(1981)
Plot – Having survived an adventure in the Amazon forest, Indiana Jones, archaeologist and adventurer, sets out again looking for The Lost Ark of the Covenant. Hitler's agents are looking for it too. Indiana arrives in Egypt and finds the Ark in a snake-filled well but is found by the Germans, who steal the Ark and wall Indiana up in the well. The archaeologist manages to escape and starts chasing the Germans: after a few adventures he catches up with them on a secret island where the Ark is about to be opened. The movie is an uninterrupted series of death hazards, chases and twists. It is almost as if Spielberg, finding inspiration in the 1930s adventure serials, has condensed fifty different episodes in a single one. Harrison Ford finds the character of his life and Spielberg cashes in an incredible amount of money.
All actors – Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey, John Rhys-Davies, Denholm Elliott, Alfred Molina, Wolf Kahler, Anthony Higgins, Vic Tablian, Don Fellows, William Hootkins, Bill Reimbold, Fred Sorenson, Patrick Durkin, Matthew Scurfield, Malcolm Weaver, Sonny Caldinez, Anthony Chinn, Pat Roach, Christopher Frederick, Tutte Lemkow, Ishaq Bux, Kiran Shah, Souad Messaoudi, Terry Richards, Steve Hanson, Frank Marshall, Martin Kreidt, George Harris, Eddie Tagoe, John Rees, Tony Vogel, Ted Grossman, Vic Armstrong, Darin Chambers, Peter Diamond, Harry Fielder, Nick Gillard, Romo Gorrara, Barrie Holland, Terry Leonard, Sergio Mioni, Dennis Muren, Glenn Randall Jr., Rocky Taylor, Frank Welkershow all
“Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Brody: For nearly three thousand years man has been searching for the lost Ark. It's not something to be taken lightly. No one knows its secrets. It's like nothing you've ever gone after before.
- Indiana Jones: Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You can't do this to me, I'm an American.”
“What a fitting end to your life's pursuits. You're about to become a permanent addition to this archaeological find. Who knows? In a thousand years, even you may be worth something.”
“- Brody: An Egyptian pharaon...
- Indiana Jones: Shishak.
- Brody: Yes, invaded the city of Jerusalem round about 980 B.C., and he may have take the Ark back to the city of Tanis and hidden it in a secret chamber called The Well of Souls. However, about a year after the pharaoh had returned to Egypt, the city of Tanis was consumed by the desert...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Belloq: How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level?
- Indiana Jones: Try the local sewer.”
“- Sallah: Indy, you have no time. If you still want the ark, it is being loaded onto a truck for Cairo.
- Indiana Jones: Truck? What truck?”
“- Belloq: Who knows. Perhaps the Ark is still waiting in some antechamber for us to discover. Perhaps there's some vital bit of evidence which eludes us. Perhaps...
- Gobler: Perhaps the girl can help us.
- Dietrich: My feeling exactly. She was in possession of the original piece for years. She may know much if... properly motivated.
- Belloq: I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
- Indiana Jones: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.”
“- Belloq: You and I are very much alike. Archeology is our religion, yet we have both fallen from the pure faith. Our methods have not differed as much as you pretend. I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light.
- Indiana Jones: Now you're getting nasty.”
“- Marion: Wait, wait! I can be reasonable!
- Toht: That time has passed.
- Marion: You don't need that. I'll tell you everything!
- Toht: Yes, I know you will.”
“All your life has been spent in pursuit of archaeological relics. Inside the Ark are treasures beyond your wildest aspirations. You want to see it opened as well as I. Indiana, we are simply passing through history. This is history.”
“- Sallah: Indy, there is something that troubles me.
- Indiana Jones: What is it?
- Sallah: The Ark. If it is there, at Tanis, then it is something that man was not meant to disturb. Death has always surrounded it. It is not of this earth.”
“- Indiana Jones: Meet me at Omar's. Be ready for me. I'm going after that truck.
- Sallah: How?
- Indiana Jones: I don't know, I'm making this up as I go!”
“- Katanga: Jones is dead. I killed him. He was of no use to us. This girl, however, has certain value where we're headed. She'll bring a very fine price. Herr Colonel, that cargo you've taken, if it's your goal, go in peace with it, but leave us the girl. It will reduce our loss on this trip.
- Dietrich: Savage! You are not in a position to ask...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Indiana Jones: Belloq.
- Belloq: Good afternoon, Doctor Jones.
- Indiana Jones: I oughta kill you right now.
- Belloq: Not a very private place for a murder.”
“- Indiana Jones: I knew the Germans had hired you, Sallah. You're the best digger in Egypt.
- Sallah: My services are entirely inconsequential to them. They hired or shanghaied every digger in Cairo. The excavation is enormous. They hire only strong backs and they pay pennies for them. It's as if the pharaohs have returned.”