Plot – C.C. and Hillary have known each other since they played on the beach at Atlantic City when they were eleven years old. One was born poor, the other rich. One lives in San Francisco, the other in New York. The two have remained pen-friends for many years and after Hillary graduates from law school, she joins her friend, who in the meantime has become a singer in New York. Hillary is attracted to her friend's independence and decides to stay with her. All is well until they fall in love with the same man.
All actors – Bette Midler, Barbara Hershey, John Heard, Spalding Gray, Lainie Kazan, James Read, Grace Johnston, Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds, Carol Williard, Allan Kent, Phil Leedsshow all
“Beaches” Quotes 22 quotes
“What do you say we just back it in and go back to the Bronx?”
“- Hillary: I don't even remember what it was I was mad about and I don't care. Whatever it was that you did, I forgive you.
- CC Bloom: What I did? You and your lousy letters. Just to get one of them made me special even before I opened it. All your crappy stories, all your big dreams.
- Hillary: I didn't know that.
- CC Bloom: Well, what the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hillary: I just want to get back to my hotel, but I can't remember the name!
- CC Bloom: Ritzy or Cheap?
- Hillary: I guess it's Ritzy.
- CC Bloom: Does it have a fountain in front, a pool inside, and a bunch of fruits in monkey suits playing violins in the lobby?
- Hillary: Yes! That's it!
- CC Bloom: You bet your ass it's Ritzy! It's the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Get back, you brain damaged bag of bones, or I'll have you gassed!”
“C'mon, what're you a camel or somethin'? I gotta have a sip.”
“Leona, you've gotta stop - you're ruining my career!”
“You're not dead yet: so stop living as if you are!”
“Are you ready for your radar, dear?”
“Pouncer Pouncer the wonder cat. I'm so glad you're not a rat, or a bat, or too fat.”
“Sexual attraction has nothing to do with character. Unless you're Eleanor Roosevelt.”
“I'm not stubborn, I'm... right.”
“But enough about me, let's talk about you... what do you think of me?”
“- CC Bloom: Hmm. Marge, you ought to cut down on the gasoline. It's bad for the complexion.
- Hillary: She could be dead.
- CC Bloom: Nah. If she was dead she would've dropped the bottle.”
“- Leona Bloom: [CC is at the beach, telling her mother that she's left John] What do you mean, you left him? What happened? After only three years, you left him? Was it another woman?
- CC Bloom: [rolls eyes] It's not a soapopera, Leona. Everything with you is a soapopera.
- Leona Bloom: Tell me, honey. Go ahead. Get it off your chest.
- CC...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Personally, I think walking on your hands is kinda creepy.”
“- CC: What will I do without my best friend?
- John Pierce: You've got me.
- CC: [smiling sadly] It's not the same.”
“- CC Bloom: Harry, did you catch that set? Those people loved me! So, I was wondering if I could borrow fifty dollars until pay day.
- Harry: No.
- CC Bloom: What the hell is this, a piano bar or a Nazi work camp? I'm singing my heart out for bupkus, peanuts. I'm eating dog food and you can't even give me fifty dollars you already owe me [Harry...” (continue)(continue reading)