“Stand by Me” quotes(1986)
Plot – In the woods surrounding Castle Rock - a small town in Oregon - four boys often meet up in a hut settled in a tree fork. One day the sensitive Gordie Lachance, the wisest and more balanced Chris Chambers, the outgoing Teddy Duchamp and Vern Tessio - all in difficult relationships with their fathers - leave for a a fifty kilometers trip along the railroad tracks and the river. Vern secretly heard his older brother talking about the corpse of a boy who disappeared some days before, that he found in the wood where he went with a friend of him on board of a stolen car - that’s why they keep the silence. For the four teenagers the occasion is not cheerful, but exciting: the TV could talk about them.
All actors – Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell, Kiefer Sutherland, Casey Siemaszko, Gary Riley, Bradley Gregg, Jason Oliver, Marshall Bell, Frances Lee McCain, Bruce Kirby, William Bronder, Scott Beach, Richard Dreyfuss, John Cusack, Madeleine Swift, Popeye, Geanette Bobst, Art Burke, Matt Williams, Andy Lindberg, Dick Durock, O.B. Babbs, Charlie Owens, Kenneth Hodges, John Hodges, Susan Thorpe, Korey Scott Pollard, Rick Elliott, Kent W. Luttrell, Chance Quinn, Jason Naylorshow all
“Stand by Me” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Milo: I know who you are. You're Teddy Duchamp. Your dad's a looney. A looney up in the nuthouse in Togus. He took your ear and he put it to a stove and burnt it off.
- Teddy: My father stormed the beach at Normandy.
- Milo: He's crazier than a shithouse rat. No wonder you're acting the way you are with a looney for a father.”
“- Chris: How do you know if a Frenchman has been in your backyard?
- Teddy: Hey, I'm French, okay?
- Chris: Your garbage cans are empty and your dog's pregnant.
- Teddy: Didn't I just say I was French?”
- Chris: "Suck my fat one"? Whoever told you that you had a fat one, Lachance?
- Gordie: Biggest one in four counties.
“- Gordie: This kid is our age but he's fat. Real fat. He weighs close to one-eighty. But you know, it's not his fault. It's his glands.
- Vern: Oh yeah, my cousin's like that, sincerely. She weighs over three hundred pounds! Supposed to be Hyboid Gland or something. Well, I don't know about any Hyboid Glands, but what a blimp! No shit. She looks...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Although I hadn't seen him in more than ten years, I know I'll miss him forever.”
“- Vern: What am I supposed to do, think of everything? I brought the comb!
- Teddy: Oh, great! You brought the comb! What did you bring a comb for? You don't even have any hair!”
“- Teddy: This is my age! I'm in the prime of my youth, and I'll only be young once!
- Chris: Yeah, but you're gonna be stupid for the rest of your life.”
“- Chris: You four-eyed pile of shit!
- Teddy: A pile of shit has a thousand eyes.”
“- Gordie: Maybe you could come into the college courses with me.
- Chris: Yeah right, that'll be the day.
- Gordie: Why not? You're smart enough.
- Chris: They won't let me.
- Gordie: What do you mean?
- Chris: It's what everyone thinks of my family in this town. It's what they think of me. I'm just one of those low-life Chambers kids.”
“- Vern: I wasn't that scared. I wasn't. Sincerely.
- Gordie: Okay. Then you won't mind if we check the seat of your jockies for Hershey squirts, will you?
- Vern: Go screw.”
- Gordie: Does the word "retarded" mean anything to you?
- Teddy: Gordie, go get the food, you morphodite.
- Gordie: Don't call me any of your mother's pet names.
“- Teddy: Boy, you don't know nothing! Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy.
- Vern: Yeah, maybe you're right. It'd be a good fight, though.”
“It happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of our lives, like busboys in a restaurant.”
“- Gordie: Why did he have to die, Chris? Why did Denny have to die?
- Chris: I don't know.
- Gordie: It should've been me.
- Chris: Don't say that.
- Gordie: It should've been me.”
“- Ace: What are you gonna do? Shoot us all?
- Gordie: No, Ace. Just you.”
Wish the hell I was your dad. You wouldn't be goin' around talkin' about takin' these stupid shop courses if I was. It's like God gave you something, man, all those stories you can make up. And He said, "This is what we got for ya, kid. Try not to lose it". Kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gordie: Mickey's a mouse, Donald's a duck, Pluto's a dog. What's Goofy?
- Teddy: Goofy's a dog. He's definitely a dog.
- Chris: He can't be a dog. He drives a car and wears a hat.
- Vern: Oh, God. That's weird. What the hell is Goofy?”
“I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?”
“It was weird to me how, then, Teddy could care so much about his father, who practically tried to kill him. And I couldn't give a shit about my old man, and he hadn't laid a hand on me since I was three! And that was for eating the bleach under the sink.”
“At the beginning of the school year, Vern had buried a quart jar of pennies underneath his house. He drew a treasure map so he could find them again. A week later, his mom cleaned out his room and threw away the map. Vern had been trying to find those pennies for nine months. Nine months, man. You didn't know whether to laugh or cry.”