“The Sure Thing” quotes(1985)
Plot – Walter 'Gib' Gibson and Alison Bradbury - two college freshman from different social backgrounds - meet at their English class in New England. Gib attempts to pick up the girl by asking her to help him in English, but he realizes that she has a boyfriend in California. For the Christmas holidays they find themselves in the same car with friends heading to California. Alison is going to join her boyfriend and Gib is meeting a friend, who has guaranteed him a 'sure thing' with a girl. Along the way amidst bickering, adventures and misadventures, the two discover they are in love. She leaves her boring boyfriend and he forgets about the too easy 'sure Thing' girl, following their sincere feeling.
All actors – John Cusack, Daphne Zuniga, Anthony Edwards, Boyd Gaines, Tim Robbins, Lisa Jane Persky, Viveca Lindfors, Nicollette Sheridan, Marcia Christie, Robert Anthony Marcucci, Sarah Buxton, Lorrie Lightleshow all
“The Sure Thing” Quotes 17 quotes
“I was in Paris once with my wife... boy am I glad she's dead.”
“Life is the ultimate experience, and you have to live it to write about it.”
“- Alison Bradbury: And you should see the crap he eats! Cheese balls and beer for breakfast!
- Jason: How do you know what he eats for breakfast?”
“What the hell's wrong with being stupid once in a while? Does everything you do always have to be sensible? Haven't you ever thrown waterballoons off a roof? When you were a little kid didn't you ever sprinkle Ivory flakes on the living room floor 'cause you wanted to make it snow in July? Didn't you ever get really shitfaced and maybe make a...” (continue)(continue reading)
From the time of the first NASA mission, it was clear that outer space has a clear effect on the human psyche. Why, during the first Gemini mission, thought was actually given to sending up a man and a woman... together. A cosmic "Adam and Eve", if you will. Bound together by fate, situated on the most powerful rocket yet known to man. It's... (continue)(continue reading)
- Walter "Gib" Gibson: Elliot? You're gonna name the kid Elliot? No, you can't name the kid Elliot. Elliot is a fat kid with glasses who eats paste. You're not gonna name the kid Elliot. You gotta give him a real name. Give him a name. Like Nick.
- Alison Bradbury: Nick?
- Walter "Gib" Gibson: Yeah, Nick. Nick's a real name. Nick's your buddy.... (continue)(continue reading)
- Alison Bradbury: What are you doing?
- Walter "Gib" Gibson: I'm going to bed.
- Alison Bradbury: Not with me you're not.
- Walter "Gib" Gibson: I'm not going to bed with you, I'm going to bed in a bed you happen to be in also.
“I flunk English, I'm outta here. Kisscollegegoodbye. I don't know what I'll do. Dad will be pissed off. Mom will be heartbroken. If I play my cards right, I get maybe a six-month grace period and then I gotta get a job, and you know what that means. That's right, they start me at the drive-up window and I gradually work my way up from shakes...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Gib, you want a relationship? That's fine. Just remember that every relationship starts with a one night stand. You came 3,000 miles for a reason didn't you? Would you look at that reason. Go for it Gib, you've earned it.”
“- Lady in Car: What are you gonna name it?
- Alison Bradbury: What?
- Lady in Car: The baby.
- Alison Bradbury: Oh, the baby. Well, if it's a girl, Cynthia, and if it's a boy, Elliot.
- Lady in Car: Those are lovely names.”