“Rough Riders” quotes(1997)
All actors – Tom Berenger, Sam Elliott, Gary Busey, Brad Johnson, Illeana Douglas, Dale Dye, Brian Keith, George Hamilton, R. Lee Ermey, Nick Chinlund, Chris Noth, Holt McCallanyshow all
“Rough Riders” Quotes 28 quotes
“- Frederick Funston: These are insurrectos! And I'm Major Funston! You killed some of my men!
- Capt. Bucky O'Neil: Major Funston! I can't take it back. We're all going the same place, now let's get there together!”
“I think this regiment could whip Caesar's Tenth Legion! I think they could ride with Genghis Khan! They are the best examples of American manhood. We have cowboys, Ivy Leaguers, football players, polo players, bronco busters, New York City policemen... and one man, I regret to say, who used to work for the Internal Revenue Service!”
“Life is hunger. Life is anger. Life is pain and dirt. Your grandfather knew life. He didn't recommend it. That's why we're rich.”
“Roosevelt is like a young second lieutenant: ambitious, often overreaching, frequently insubordinate, brash... but, successful - this time.”
“Don't worry, colonel; you're the closest thing most of these boys have to a father. We won't let you down.”
“- Henry Bardshar: A man's gotta do what he has to do, Sara.
- Sara Bardshar: Yeah, and a woman's got to do everything else.”
“- Secretary of State John Hay: General, you were one of the finest cavalry officers in the Confederacy.
- Gen. Joseph 'Fighting Joe' Wheeler: Let me tell you something... Bedford Forrest had 32 horses shot out from under him, but he killed 33 Yankees. Forrest was better!”
“To the officers: may we all be killed, wounded or promoted.”
“- Henry Nash: Captain, hadn't you better get down?
- Capt. Bucky O'Neil: There ain't a Spanish bullet made that can kill me!”
“Truth is the first casualty of war.”
“- Theodore Roosevelt: Leonard, you already know you're going. Why not at the head of the wildest mad cap regiment since the Mongols rode the Steppes?
- Col. Leonard Wood: Theodore, do you know that you're mad?
- Edith Roosevelt: Well, it's never bothered him before...”
“It is the duty, the honor of the patrician class to lead its countrymen by the sword.”
“Will you be so kind, Mr Crane, with your camera, to take a picture of this regiment on this glorious hill? For we will always live in its shadow.”
“- Gen. Joseph 'Fighting Joe' Wheeler: You stole this hog!
- Eli: We caught the gator and the snake.
- Gen. Joseph 'Fighting Joe' Wheeler: Snake?
- Eli: Footless animal stew, sir.”
“I killed a bear once. I didn't like it much.”
“- Henry Nash: What are you thinking about now?
- Indian Bob: Naked women.”
“- Craig Wadsworth: My father, he gave me some advice, before I joined the regiment.
- Indian Bob: Was it good advice?
- Craig Wadsworth: Yes.
- Indian Bob: Did you follow it?
- Craig Wadsworth: No.”
“He who has no stomach for this fight, let him depart.”
“- Theodore Roosevelt: If it were up to me, we'd drive every European flag from this Hemisphere at bayonet point!
- Mademoiselle Adler: Mon dieu, help me, I feel faint.
- Edith Roosevelt: Feel free. By all means, fall right over!”
“- Henry Nash: Look at that Indian. There ain't nothin' human about him. He don't even talk.
- Indian Bob: He ain't got nothin' to say.
- Henry Nash: But he's a wild Indian. What are you?
- Indian Bob: Sioux. You know, the ones who got Custer.”
“God takes care of drunks, madmen and the American army.”
“I swear that I'll make people remember you, old man. Remember what you did for us. I'll build a statue if I have to!”
“- Woodbury Kane: Craig Wadsworth is the finest polo player in the country. Do you play polo?
- Henry Nash: Oh, yeah, every day, right after my bubble bath!”