Greta Scacchi quotes
“- Dan Merrick: You know what I like best about amnesia?
- Judith Merrick: What?
- Dan Merrick: After seven years of marriage, I get to fall in love with you all over again.”
“You can't swim. I suppose you could drown, though. Anybody can do that. Even on dry land.”
“- Thomas Jefferson: I kept having a debate between my head and my heart.
- Maria Cosway: Which in your case, the head always wins.
- Thomas Jefferson: Not this time. My poor head was simply whirled around by my unruly heart.”
“If we got sex out of the way, we could relax.”
“- James Fitzmaurice: Don't you remember? Cousins can do things that other people can't. And we were more than children before anyone knew what we were up to.
- Juliana: Even we didn't know.”
“- Christina Alibrandi: I wonder what I did to deserve you.
- Josie Alibrandi: Would you like me to refresh your memory?”
“- Tsar Nicholas II: Smile. I never see you smile. Do you remember the little cottage we stayed in when we visited your family in Germany? And the picnics we used to have, and the songs we sang under the chestnut trees?
- Tsarina Alexandra: What in the world made you think of that?
- Tsar Nicholas II: And how those fisherman splashed us with...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Josslyn Hay: Do you know what happens to a woman once she loses her looks?
- Diana Lady Broughton: No. What?
- Josslyn Hay: Nothing.”
“- June Gudmundsdottir: I don't go to movies.
- Griffin Mill: Why not?
- June Gudmundsdottir: Life is too short.”
“I like you Rusty, but I think it's over. It's just not right for me. It's over... I don't want us to end enemies.”
“- Meneer Chrome: Deep inside... there is a darkness.
- Juliana: I feel there is. I can't be sure. It would need an expert touch to discover and comfirm it.
- Meneer Chrome: Perhaps if Monsieur Larousse was here he would be able to verify.
- Juliana: But in the absence of Monsieur Larousse...
- Meneer Chrome: I am not worthy.”
“It's going to be so good.”
“- Meneer Chrome: The Larousse collection specializes in dark plants, often black. Primula Arricula. Canna Indica. Tulipfera Nigra. Anemone Atrocarrulea.
- Juliana: I would be unacceptable then in a Larousse collection.
- Meneer Chrome: Oh, I think you would be rare enough, exotic enough.
- Juliana: But my skin is white.”
“- Emma Woodhouse: I will not know how to behave when I see him.
- Mrs Weston: Let his behavior be your guide.”