“Nobody's Fool” quotes(1994)
Plot – The sexagenarian bricklayer Sully has always been a "free spirit". He has divorced when his only child was one-year-old and he's never moved from his town. Now he wants to sue his employer but he loses the lawsuit. The return of his son, who's living a marital breakdown, makes Sully re-approach to him and to his grandchildren, restoring that sense of family he has never had before.
All actors – Paul Newman, Jessica Tandy, Bruce Willis, Melanie Griffith, Dylan Walsh, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Gene Saks, Josef Sommer, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Philip Bosco, Catherine Dent, Alexander Goodwinshow all
“Nobody's Fool” Quotes 22 quotes
“- Miss Beryl: Doesn't it bother you that you haven't done more with the life God gave you?
- Sully: Not often. Now and then.”
“- Peter: If you're not a father to me, how come you're a grandfather to Will?
- Sully: 'cause you gotta start someplace.”
“- Rub Squeers: Can I borrow a dollar?
- Sully: Nope. You can borrow a jelly doughnut, though.
- Rub Squeers: You can't borrow a jelly doughnut. Once you eat it, it's gone.
- Sully: Once you borrow a dollar, it's gone. I'd rather buy you a jelly doughnut.”
- Sully: "Beware the chains we forge in life".
- Miss Beryl: I don't suppose you remember who said that?
- Sully: You did Miss Beryl, all through 8th grade.
“- Peter: It's not gonna be easy being you, is it?
- Sully: Don't expect much from yourself in the beginning. I couldn't do everything at first, either.”
“- Sully: Poor guy just had a bypass. Maybe he's trying to cram everything he can do into six months. When he realizes he's going to live until he's seventy, he'll slow down.
- Toby Roebuck: If I had my way, he wouldn't live to Thanksgiving.”
“Ollie, you know my feelings about arming morons: you arm one, you've got to arm them all, otherwise it wouldn't be good sport.”
- Sully: Go home, you jerk. You're married to the best-looking woman in Bath.
- Carl Roebuck: Who was it that said, "A man's reach should exceed his grasp"?
“- Ollie Quinn: Officer Raymer is currently under suspension.
- Judge Flatt: Anesthesia is what he should be under.”
“- Peter: Oh, God. I don't believe this. I'm a member of Greenpeace and I just helped poison a dog.
- Sully: Well for one thing, it ain't poison. For another, you didn't help much.”
“- Toby Roebuck: Oh, you're a man among men, Sully.
- Sully: Well, thanks.
- Toby Roebuck: That wasn't a compliment!”
“- Miss Beryl: Do you still bet on that horse race of yours?
- Sully: What, the trifecta?
- Miss Beryl: Yes. Has it ever come in?
- Sully: Not yet.
- Miss Beryl: But you still bet on it.
- Sully: Well, sure. I mean, the odds have gotta kick in sooner or later.
- Miss Beryl: Fine. That's exactly the way I feel about you.”
“- Peter: Mom's greatest fear is that your life was fun.
- Sully: Tell her not to worry.”
“- Sully: Don't tell me she's pregnant.
- Carl Roebuck: Knocked up like a cheerleader. Eh, I suppose now you're going to want to be godfather.
- Sully: Hey... I can't be the father and the godfather. You got to goddamn do something.”
“- Judge Flatt: Now is it true that you discharged your weapon, Officer?
- Officer Raymer: Your Honor, it was a warning shoot.
- Judge Flatt: Um hmm, you know who you warned? A little old lady sitting on her commode 2 blocks away.”