Joel Edgerton quotes
“A king has no friends. Only followers and foe.”
“Now, I’m going to tell you something that’s going to make you immediately feel a little better. People tell you you can be born gay, that’s not true. You cannot be born a homosexual, this is a lie. Now, I’m a counselor and a pastor, but was I born that way? No. It’s behavioral. It’s a choice.”
“War is bloody and soulless.”
“- Nate Nash: I thought I saw you in the pool yesterday.
- Dominika Egorova: Are we going to become friends?
- Nate Nash: Is that what you want?”
“- Dominika Egorova: I think one day you will understand.
- Nate Nash: No, I don't think I will. Some things can't be sacrificed. We don't throw people away.”
“- Nate Nash: You were dancing for them because they were letting you I mean, you see it now, right? You belong to them pretty much your whole life. So, Dominika, work with me. Make this something that you own for the first time in your life. And make them, make them fucking pay.
- Dominika Egorova: What is it you want from me?
- Nate Nash:...” (continue)(continue reading)
- John Connolly: Jimmy's no ordinary criminal.
- FBI Agent Charles McGuire: Well, you're right about that.
- FBI Agent Charles McGuire: [reading from dossier] "A vicious animal who won't take no for an answer." "Violent decisiveness at any hint of betrayal." Oh! "A ripened psychopath determined to succeed above all else."
“- John Connolly: He was very good to me when I was little, Marianne, that's all you need to know.
- Marianne Connolly: [sarcastically] How was he good to you, John? Did he take you trick-or-treating?”
“- Tom Buchanan: Daisy, can't you see who this guy is, with his house and his parties and his fancy clothes? He is just a front for Wolfsheim, a gangster, to get his claws into respectable folk like Walter Chase.
- Jay Gatsby: The only respectable thing about you, old sport, is your money. Your money, that's it. Now I've just as much as you. That...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Life is something you dominate, Nick. If you're any good.”
“The gifts the gods gave me I use in battle or in bed.”
“I'm a pacifist.”
“If I'm going to work for twelve hours a day, I want twelve hours of awesomeness!”
“Every job leaves its residue, a bit of extra knowledge, a new skill-set.”
“- Justin - DEVGRU: What part convinced you?
- Patrick - Squadron Team Leader: Her confidence.
- Justin - DEVGRU: That's the kind of concrete data point I'm looking for. I'll tell you buddy, if her confidence is the one thing that's keeping me from getting ass-raped in a Pakistani prison I'm gonna honest with you, bro. I'm cool with it.”