“Once you face your fear, nothing is ever as hard as you think.”
“- Sonny: What's your last name?
- Kira: Same as my mother's and father's.
- Sonny: And what's that?
- Kira: Which one, my mother's or my father's?
- Sonny: Either!
- Kira: The same as mine!
- Sonny: I get it. No questions.
- Kira: No questions, no lies.
- Sonny: No questions, no truth, either.”
“- Sandy: I'm no stranger to heartbreak.
- Frenchie: Oh! Do you have psoriasis?”
“My biggest mistake was my best lesson... you don't learn anything when everything is going perfectly.”
“- Sonny: I've been asking about you all day. You may not believe this but I'm painting an album cover and you're on it.
- Kira: Why shouldn't I believe it?
- Sonny: Because before today I never laid eyes on you. Now I've seen you 3 times in one day. That's a little too coincidental.
- Kira: Sounds like you don't believe it.”
“- Danny McGuire: Don't tell anyone, but I'm nervous.
- Kira: What about?
- Danny McGuire: I haven't had a club opening since... 1945. Wow.
- Kira: Then just pretend it's 1945 all over again.
- Danny McGuire: I don't have to pretend. It is 1945 all over again.”
“- Sandy: I'm going back to Australia; I might never see you again.
- Danny: Don't... don't talk that way, Sandy.
- Sandy: But it's true! I've just had the best summer of my life, and now I have to go away. It isn't fair.”
“- Danny McGuire: Kira, I want you to promise me one thing.
- Kira: Anything!
- Danny McGuire: On opening night, I get the first dance.
- Kira: Okay.
- Sonny: You're gonna dance?
- Danny McGuire: Oh, I've been known to twinkle a toe or two.”
“- Kira: I'm Kira.
- Danny McGuire: Yes, Kira. But...
- Kira: But?
- Danny McGuire: Don't I know you?
- Kira: I don't think so.
- Danny McGuire: Are you sure? Because...
- Kira: Because?
- Danny McGuire: Never mind.”
“- Debbie: We'll end up making love.
- Zack: We won't do anything you don't want to do.
- Debbie: That's a bad line.
- Zack: It's not a line, I mean it.
- Debbie: You do?
- Zack: I think so.”
“- Sonny: I want to know more about you.
- Kira: You already know enough about me. Any more and you're going to get a headache.”
“- Kira: Our first date together.
- Sonny: Followed by our first getting-kicked-out together.”