“American Psycho” quotes(2000)
Plot – Patrick Bateman has everything he needs to look perfect, from the clothing to medicines. However the more he desperately tries to conform to the anonymous image of the classic Wall Street’s yuppie, the less he is able to control his terrible impulses that, ironically, lend him his whole individuality. Bateman is an example of conformity into an unmoral society where conformism is amorality. However, his character seemed to raise a particularly harsh cultural issue more than other characters. His lust for blood is linked to the desire for possession of things, for the branded product and for the famous places. His crimes constantly remind us of our insatiable lust for consumption.
All actors – Christian Bale, Justin Theroux, Josh Lucas, Bill Sage, Chloë Sevigny, Reese Witherspoon, Samantha Mathis, Matt Ross, Jared Leto, Willem Dafoe, Cara Seymour, Guinevere Turner, Stephen Bogaert, Monika Meier, Reg E. Cathey, Blair Williams, Marie Dame, Kelley Harron, Patricia Gage, Krista Sutton, Landy Cannon, Park Bench, Catherine Black, Margaret Ma, Peter Tufford Kennedy, Mark Pawson, Jessica Lau, Lilette Wiens, Glen Marc Silot, Charlotte Hunter, Kiki Buttignol, Joyce R. Korbin, Reuben Thompson, Bryan Renfro, Ross Gibby, Christina McKay, Alan McCullough, Anthony Lemke, Connie Chen, Marilyn Burns, Gunnar Hansen, Leanne Poirier Greenfield, Ronald Reagan, Somaya Reece, Kate Steenshow all
“American Psycho” Quotes 21 quotes
“- Club Patron: So, what do you do?
- Patrick Bateman: I'm into, uh, well, murders and executions, mostly.
- Club Patron: Do you like it?
- Patrick Bateman: Well, it depends. Why?
- Club Patron: Well, most guys I know who are in Mergers and Acquisitions really don't like it.”
“We have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.”
“- Waiter: Would you like to hear today's specials?
- Patrick Bateman: Not if you want to keep your spleen.”
- Patrick Bateman: "When I see a pretty girl walking down the street, I think two things. One part wants me to take her out, talk to her, be real nice and sweet and treat her right".
- David Van Patten: And what did the other part think?
- Patrick Bateman: "What her head would look like on a stick... ".
“- Donald Kimball: What whole Yale thing?
- Patrick Bateman: Well, for one thing, I think he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing.”
“- Patrick Bateman: I don't think we should see each other any more.
- Evelyn Williams: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I really don't think it would work. You have a little something...
- Patrick Bateman: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I've thought about that. You can have 'em.”
“- Christie: You have a really nice place here, Paul. How much did you pay for it?
- Patrick Bateman: Well, actually, that's none of your business, Christie. But I can assure you, it certainly wasn't cheap.”
“- Patrick Bateman: [thinking] Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It even has a watermark.
- Luis Carruthers: Is something wrong, Patrick? You're sweating.”
- Timothy Bryce: [after snorting "cut" cocaine] It's a fucking milligram of sweetener. I want to get high off this, not sprinkle it on my fucking oatmeal.
- Patrick Bateman: Definitely weak, but I have a feeling that if we do enough of it we'll be okay.
- Club Patron: [leans over from another booth] Will you keep it down? I'm trying to do drugs!
“Paul Allen has mistaken me for this dickhead Marcus Halberstram. It seems logical because Marcus also works at P&P and in fact does the same exact thing I do and he also has a penchant for Valentino suits and Oliver Peoples glasses. Marcus and I even go to the same barber, although I have a slightly better haircut.”
“It's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves.”
“- David Van Patten: A good personality consists of a chick with a little hard body, who will satisfy all sexual demands without being too slutty about things, and who essentially will keep her dumb fucking mouth shut.
- Craig McDermott: The only girls with good personalities who are smart or maybe funny or halfway intelligent or talented, though...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When I get to Paul Allen's place, I use the keys I took from his pocket. There is a moment of sheer panic when I realize that Paul's apartment overlooks the park and is obviously more expensive than mine.”
“I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.”
“Not the face! You bitch! Not the fucking face, you piece of bitch trash!”
“- Patrick Bateman: I'm on a diet.
- Jean: What, you're kidding, right? You look great... so fit... and thin.
- Patrick Bateman: Well, you can always be thinner... look better.
- Jean: Then maybe we shouldn't go out to dinner. I wouldn't want you to lose your willpower.
- Patrick Bateman: That's okay. I'm not very good at controlling it anyway.”