“My Fellow Americans” quotes(1996)
Plot – What do the candidates do after elections? Sometimes this period is in fact the most exciting part out of everything. For example, former presidents Kramer and Douglas were enemies on the political scene, but now a scandal involves them both. To prove their innocence, the men will have to work together and secretly, but this will not be easy. Thus, they will deeply get in touch with their voters, they will deepen their knowledge of politics and its intrigues from a new point of view.
All actors – Jack Lemmon, James Garner, Dan Aykroyd, John Heard, Wilford Brimley, Lauren Bacall, Sela Ward, Everett McGill, Bradley Whitford, James Rebhorn, Esther Rolle, Conchata Ferrellshow all
“My Fellow Americans” Quotes 18 quotes
“When it comes time for a rest, there's no place like Cleveland.”
“- President Matt Douglas: Let me ask you something. In all the years ex-presidents have had Secret Service protection, has there ever been even one assassination attempt on any of 'em?
- Chet: Uh, no, sir.
- President Matt Douglas: I find that sad. The minute you're out of office they don't care enough about you to kill you anymore. People are...” (continue)(continue reading)
- President Russell P. Kramer: Did you ever have one of her pizzas?
- President Matt Douglas: Oh.
- President Russell P. Kramer: It was like a wet dream with a crust.
- President Matt Douglas: A wet dream?
- President Russell P. Kramer: Huh?
- President Matt Douglas: I don't think I need to hear Russell P. Kramer saying the words "wet dream."... (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't do that with the liquor, Russ. It's so... George Bush.”
- President Matt Douglas: A cookbook. He wrote a cookbook. How dare he?
- Joanna: Well, you know, when he was President, he did cook for his guests all the time.
- President Matt Douglas: That's not the point. Did George Washington write a book called "Your Wooden Teeth and You?" Did William Howard Taft write "Thirty Days To A Slimmer Ass?" It's... (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm about to share my coffee with the Washington Love Machine. No dice. You could spit in a Petri dish and start a whole new civilization.”
“- President Russell P. Kramer: When you were in the White House, who was the person you were most excited to meet?
- President Matt Douglas: Nelson Mandela.
- President Russell P. Kramer: I'm not a reporter.
- President Matt Douglas: Ella Fitzgerald.
- President Russell P. Kramer: Ah.
- President Matt Douglas: Mandela was a great man, but he...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- President Matt Douglas: Well, I don't think you had anything to do with Charlie's death, but I'm pretty sure you're involved in this mess somehow.
- President Russell P. Kramer: I'm involved? But, what about you? You were the one sittin' in the car next to a dead man.
- President Matt Douglas: Well, now you know. I enjoy spending time with...” (continue)(continue reading)
The "voice of the people"? There is no such thing! You've got 240 million voices all yellin' for something different. The only thing you all seem to agree on is you don't want higher taxes. "The voice of the people" my fanny!
Don't say "freaking", Russ. If you have to use the "F" word, go for the gold.