Laura Dern quotes
“There's something so accessible about heroes who have faults.”
“- Charlie: We didn't have a deal, it was something we discussed.
- Nora Fanshaw: So it's a deal when it's something you want and a discussion when Nicole wants it?”
“People don't accept mothers who drink too much wine and yell at their child and call him an asshole. I get it. I do it too. We can accept an imperfect dad. Let's face it, the idea of a good father was only invented like 30 years ago. Before that, fathers were expected to be silent and absent and unreliable and selfish, and can all say we want...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I slept in a few dumpsters. Maybe I slept on some babies.”
“- Nurse: Let me just ask you something, Ruth. Have you ever really taken the time to think about what it means to have an abortion?
- Ruth Stoops: It means that I don't have to go to jail and it means I don't have to have another baby and it means that I can start getting my life together ...
- Nurse: Don't you think that's all just a little...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Baby, you'd better get me back to that hotel. You got me hotter than Georgia asphalt.”
“I don't wanna go back to jail again. Least not for more than a week or two.”
“- Ellie: So what are you working on now?
- Dr. Grant: Raptors mostly.
- Ellie: My... favorite.
- Dr. Grant: Do you remember the sounds they made?
- Ellie: I try not to.”
“- Rachel: It is always women like you who are most victimized by anti-choice: indigent women, third-world women, women of color.
- Ruth Stoops: I'm not a colored woman!”
“- Dr. Grant: These are carnivores and they really like fighting with each other. They'll use their teeth and claws to rip each other's throats out.
- Ellie Degler: Alan, he's three. Let's wait for the dinosaur lecture until he's five.”
“- Sandy Williams: I can't figure out if you're a detective or a pervert.
- Jeffrey Beaumont: Well, that's for me to know and you to find out.”
“- Jeffrey Beaumont: There are opportunities in life for gainingknowledge and experience. Sometimes, it's necessary to take a risk. I got to thinking. I'll bet someone could learn alot by getting into that woman's apartment. You know, sneak in, hide, and observe.
- Sandy Williams: Are you crazy? Jeffrey, she's possibly involved in murder. This...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I had a dream. In fact, it was on the night I met you. In the dream, there was our world, and the world was dark because there weren't any robins and the robins represented love. And for the longest time, there was this darkness. And all of a sudden, thousands of robins were set free and they flew down and brought this blinding light of love....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ellie: We were right. They had the ability to vocalize.
- Dr. Grant: I'm convinced that's the key to their social intelligence.
- Ellie: Which explains why they could work together as a team.
- Dr. Grant: And coordinate their attacks to the prey wouldn't know what was going on.
- Ellie: They could talk to each other.
- Dr. Grant: To a degree...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hammond: There is no doubt our attractions will drive kids out of their minds.
- Grant: What are those?
- Ellie: Small versions of adults, honey.”