“Phantom Thread” quotes(2018)
Plot – "Phantom Thread" is set in the post-war London, during the 1950s, and tells the story of Reynolds Woodcock, a famous dressmaker that, with the help of his sister Cyril, works for the richest people in the city. From the members of the Crown to stars, every woman wears dresses that were made by Reynolds, who, despite meeting many women every day, is still unmarried. The tailor's life changes drastically when he meets the young Alma, which becomes his muse and lover. For the first time in his life, Raynolds will understand the importance of live in his existence.
All actors – Vicky Krieps, Daniel Day-Lewis, Lesley Manville, Sue Clark, Joan Brown, Harriet Leitch, Dinah Nicholson, Julie Duck, Maryanne Frost, Elli Banks, Amy Cunningham, Amber Brabant, Geneva Corlett, Juliet Glaves, Camilla Rutherford, Gina McKee, Philip Franks, Tony Hansford, Steven F Thompson, George Glasgow, Niki Angus-Campbell, Georgia Kemball, Nick Ashley, Ingrid Sophie Schram, Ellie Blackwell, Zarene Dallas, Brian Gleeson, Pauline Moriarty, Harriet Sansom Harris, Eric Sigmundsson, Phyllis MacMahon, Richard Graham, Silas Carson, Martin Dew, James Thomson, Tim Ahern, Lujza Richter, Leopoldine Hugo, Délia Rémy, Alice Grenier, Emma Clandon, Ian Harrod, Sarah Lamesch, Julia Davis, Nicholas Mander, Jordon Stevens, Michael Stevenson, Jane Perry, Charlotte Melen, Neil Broome, Christopher David Burton, Graham Burton, Joseph Callaghan, Paul Carolan, David Charles-Cully, Olivia Charlotte Cole, Bern Collaço, Michael Gabbitas, Caroline Garnell, Jack Gordon, Cris Haris, Khristopher MacLeod, Alexandra Moloney, Andrew G. Ogleby, Pip Phillips, Gino Picciano, Richard Price, Jason Redshaw, Kelly Schembri, Thomas Scott, Dave Simon, Darren Talbot, Jack Tyson, Cecile Van Dijkshow all
“Phantom Thread” Quotes 28 quotes
“Are you here? Are you always here? I miss you. I think about you all the time. I hear your voice say my name when I dream and when I wake up, there are tears streaming down my face. I just miss you, it's as simple as that. I want to tell you everything. I don't understand what you're saying. I can't hear your voice.”
“- Johanna: Where have you gone, Reynolds. There's nothing I can say to get your attention aimed back at me, is there?
- Reynolds Woodcock: I cannot begin my day with a confrontation, please. I'm delivering the dress today, and I can't take up space with confrontation. I simply don't have time for confrontations.”
“- Reynolds Woodcock: Is there something I'm unaware of? Because as far as I can remember, all I've done is to dress her beautifully.
- Cyril: I don't think that matters to some people, I think they want what is fashionable and chic.
- Reynolds Woodcock: Chic? Oh, don't you start using that filthy little word, Chic! Whoever invented that ought to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cyril: You have the ideal shape.
- Alma: I do?
- Cyril: He likes a little belly.”
“She's getting fat sitting around waiting for you to fall in love with her again.”
“You are not cursed. You are loved by me.”
“- Alma: Reynolds has made my dreams come true. And I have given him what he desires most in return.
- Dr. Robert Hardy: And what's that?
- Alma: Every piece of me.
- Dr. Robert Hardy: He's a very demanding man, isn't he? Must be quite a challenge to be with him.
- Alma: Yes. Maybe he is the most demanding man.”
“Nothing is normal or natural or... everything is a game!”
“As I think you know, Alma, I prefer my asparagus with oil and salt. And knowing this, you've prepared the asparagus with butter. Now, I can imagine in certain circumstances being able to pretend that I like it made this way. Right now, I'm just admiring my own gallantry for eating it the way you've prepared it.”
“His routine, when he's in it, is best not shaken. This is a quiet time. Not to be misused. If breakfast isn't right, it's very hard for him to recover for the rest of the day.”
“It's no business of ours what Mrs. Rose decides to do with her life but she can no longer behave like this and be dressed by the House of Woodcock.”
“Kiss me, my girl, before I'm sick.”
“A house that doesn't change is a dead house.”
“When I was a boy, I started to hide things in the lining of the garments. Things only I knew were there. Secrets.”
“- Alma: I don't know what I'm doing here. I, I don't know what I'm doing here. I'm just waiting around like a idiot for you.
- Reynolds Woodcock: This was an ambush, Alma. To what purpose?
- Alma: This is not... I know it's not going as I expected, I, I didn't mean these things to come out. I'm sorry, but it was meant to be nice.
- Reynolds...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Marriage would make me deceitful and I don't ever want that.”
“I think it's the expectations and assumptions of others that cause heartache.”
“- Reynolds Woodcock: Maybe one day you'll change your taste, Alma.
- Alma: Maybe not.
- Reynolds Woodcock: Maybe you have no taste.
- Alma: Maybe I like my own taste.
- Reynolds Woodcock: Yes. Just enough to get you into trouble.
- Alma: Perhaps I'm looking for trouble.”
“You look beautiful. Really. Very beautiful. You're making me extremely hungry.”
“To be in love with him makes life no great mystery.”
“There is an air of quiet death in this house and I do not like the way it smells.”