“Shanghai Noon” quotes(2000)
Plot – Princess Pei Pei has been kidnapped from the Forbidden City. The emperor sends three of his bravest guards to deliver the gold ransom to the kidnapper in the Far West. Chon Wang is not among these guards but manages to join the group by carrying the luggage of his uncle, who is the translator of the expedition. While crossing the Nevada desert by train, the Chinese are assaulted by a group of robbers led by Roy O'Bannon. Chon manages to make the thieves loose the loot and as a result the criminals abandon him in the desert. Also Roy, having failed in the robbery, gets dumped by his mates. Wandering confused, Chon helps saving a young Indian of the Crow tribe. Hailed as a hero, he is taken to the village and finds himself married to beautiful Falling Leaves. Still thinking about Pei Pei, Chon returns to his journey and meets Roy in a saloon, but after a fight they both get jailed. In prison Roy, learning about the princess and the gold coins, promises Chon to help him.
All actors – Jackie Chan, Owen Wilson, Lucy Liu, Brandon Merrill, Roger Yuan, Xander Berkeley, Rongguang Yu, Ya Hi Cui, Eric Chen, Jason Connery, Walton Goggins, Adrien Dorvalshow all
“Shanghai Noon” Quotes 25 quotes
“I am like a wild horse. You can't tame me. You put the oats in the pen, though, and I'll come in for a nibble every day. But the minute you shut that gate, I'll jump the fence and you'll never see me again.”
“I don't know karate, but I know kar-azy, and I will use it!”
“- Roy O'Bannon: You people believe in Karma over there, right? Well I've been thinking... there must be a reason why we keep running into each other. Now I've ridden with some terrible men, just people I couldn't trust, but when I look at you, there's something different about you. And I can see it, I can see it in your eyes. It's what the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Let me put it this way. My horse is definitely not my best friend.”
“Never interrupt a man in the middle of a duel!”
“Daughter, husbands like Man-Who-Fights-in-Dress don't come along every day.”
“- Roy O'Bannon: Ooooh... who's the pretty lady?
- Chon Wang: That's my wife!
- Roy O'Bannon: How long you been in this country?
- Chon Wang: Four days.
- Roy O'Bannon: Nice work.”
“- Roy O'Bannon: So who are you?
- Chon Wang: I'm an Imperial Guard to the Emperor of China.
- Roy O'Bannon: China... what's with the book?
- Chon Wang: The book belongs to Princess Pei Pei. She was kidnapped from the Forbidden City.
- Roy O'Bannon: I like that, Forbidden City, a princess, kidnapped! It's so mysterious.”
“- Chon Wang: We stick together. We are partners.
- Roy O'Bannon: That's beautiful.”
“- Wallace: Reach for the sky, O'Bannon, ha ha!
- Roy O'Bannon: That's my line. He stole my gang, he's stealing my lines. It's unbelievable!”
“One thing about the Chinese, Mr. Andrews. We do not renegotiate.”
“- Roy O'Bannon: I've heard all about the Emperor. Must be one hell of a man.
- Chon Wang: He's only twelve.
- Roy O'Bannon: Are you kidding me? You're sitting here, waiting to die for someone whose balls haven't even dropped?”
“Father, is this my husband-to-be? He's a toad. If the Emperor is so fond of him, why doesn't he marry him?”
“- Chon Wang: What happened?
- Roy O'Bannon: Oh nothing, I just killed him, how'd you do?”
“- Van Cleef: Why don't you turn and face me like a man?
- Roy O'Bannon: Why don't you do it your way and I'll do it my way?”
“Come on. We're men, we're not piñatas!”
“Fight with honor. You will win.”