“Shanghai Knights” quotes(2003)
Plot – When a Chinese rebel kills Chan’s father and escapes to England, Roy and Chan go to London, planning a revenge. Chan's sister Lin discovers a global conspiracy that aims to the extermination of the Royal Family, but no one believes her. With the help of a kindly inspector from Scotland Yard and a ten-year-old rascal, the acrobatic Chan shakes the Victorian British society to avenge his father and to keep the romantic Roy away from his sister.
All actors – Jackie Chan, Owen Wilson, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Tom Fisher, Aidan Gillen, Fann Wong, Donnie Yen, Oliver Cotton, Alison King, Constantine Gregory, Jonathan Harvey, Richard Haasshow all
“Shanghai Knights” Quotes 19 quotes
“I'm a thirty-year-old waiter/gigolo. Where's the future in that?”
“- Chon Wang: He was the Keeper of the Imperial Seal.
- Roy O'Bannon: That's what I love about China. Everybody's job description sounds so damn cool!”
“- Artie Doyle: It's hopeless. We'll never get past the guards.
- Roy O'Bannon: Well, not with that attitude, we won't.”
“I'm not going to an English prison. With my feathery blond hair and Chon's athletic build, they'll try to make us the bell of the ball.”
“- Roy O'Bannon: There's this new thing they're starting out in California: moving pictures. There's no sound, so we won't have to worry about the language problem, and I think the kung fu stuff could be huge! People are dying for a good action flick.
- Chon Wang: Chon Wang, movie star? It could work.”
“- Chon Wang: The painting! It's looking at me!
- Roy O'Bannon: It looks like it's looking at me too. That's great.”
“- Roy O'Bannon: What? You're a Maharajah! That's Indian royalty!
- Chon Wang: But I'm Chinese.
- Roy O'Bannon: It's the same thing.”
“I've got to hand it to the Chinese, they're awfully ingenious.”
“- Chon Wang: The English are not very friendly. What did they lose?
- Roy O'Bannon: A little thing called the American Revolution. They came over with about a million men. We had a bunch of farmers with pitchforks and beat 'em like a drum.”
“- Roy O'Bannon: It's just a rock with some gibberish on it!
- Chon Wang: It's Chinese!”
“Roy O'Bannon will not go quietly. You hear that, England? Throw whatever you want at me! Your terrible weather! Your perverted killers! Your Spotted Dick!”
“- Roy O'Bannon: That diamond is as big as a damn monkey's paw.
- Chon Wang: Don't even think about it.
- Roy O'Bannon: Just admiring the craftsmanship.”
“- Prostitute: I'll give you a discount.
- Roy O'Bannon: That's the most romantic thing a woman has ever said to me.”
“Lord, help me. Just let me know you're there. Love me, hate me, but let me know You're up there.”