Jean Reno quotes
- Roseanna "Rosa": Is the Mayor of New York still Italian?
- Marcello: Why would anybody want to stop being Italian?
- Marcello: It has too much garlic...
- Roseanna "Rosa": There is no such things as too much garlic!
“- Léon: There was someone a long time ago. Before I came to the States. Her father didn't want her to see me. She was from a very respectable family. Mine was, you know, not so respectable. Her dad went nuts every time she'd take off to see me.
- Mathilda: But she still snuck off to see you, right?
- Léon: Right.
- Mathilda: You see, nothing can...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ponton: Have you ever had a hamburger?
- Clouseau: Well, of course not. It's a disgusting American food.”
“I have a strong accent; it limits the roles, of course it does. I guess if I had moved to America a long time ago maybe my accent would have got less.”
“Actually, I only have a few friends in real life. And when I say friends, I'm referring to those people who I've known since the 1960s.”
“Being proud and being nationalistic are, for me, completely different things.”
“But I will say that most comedians are the saddest people I know. That is the biggest paradox to me.”
“The best way to impress a woman is to be the most honest you can.”
“- Mathilda: I've decided what to do with my life. I wanna be a cleaner.
- Léon: You wanna be a cleaner? [passes her a gun and bullets] Here, take it. It's a goodbye gift. Go clean. But not with me. I work alone, understand? Alone.
- Mathilda: Bonnie and Clyde didn't work alone. Thelma and Louise didn't work alone. And they were the best.”
“- Mathilda: Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?
- Léon: Always like this.”
“- Thibault: I am already wealthy. I own hundreds of horses and bags of pepper, four hundred backs of wool, and fifty barrels of Spanish olives.
- Andre: And you own me, Sire.
- Thibault: Yes. But you have no value.
- Andre: That is true.”
“- Captain Bezu Fache: You used me.
- Bishop Manuel Aringarosa: God uses us all.”
“Try any sleight of hand with my money and I'll cut your throat.”
“- Mathilda: If I win, you keep me with you for life.
- Léon: And if you lose?
- Mathilda: Go shopping alone, like before.”
“- Vincent: What do you want for Christmas?
- Sam: My two front teeth.”
“- Sam: Are you labour or management?
- Vincent: If I were management, I would not offer you a cigarette!”
“- Clouseau: Tell me about her.
- Ponton: I consider her the most beautiful woman in the world. What about yourself?
- Clouseau: No, I don't consider myself a beautiful woman.”