“Can't Stop the Music” quotes(1980)
Plot – Jacques Morali works in a record store in Greenwich Village, but he leaves the job to accomplish his dream to be a composer together with Samantha Simpson, a famous model. They select some aspiring singers and record an audition. Despite many difficulties, in the end they have success as the famous Village People.
All actors – Ray Simpson, David Hodo, Felipe Rose, Randy Jones, Glenn Hughes, Alex Briley, Valerie Perrine, Caitlyn Jenner, Steve Guttenberg, Paul Sand, Tammy Grimes, June Havocshow all
“Can't Stop the Music” Quotes 22 quotes
“- Benny Murray: Nice ta meetcha' Miss Edwards...
- Samantha: Simpson.
- Benny Murray: Right. I've seen ya plastered all over New York, ya know?
- Samantha: Well, don't spread it around.”
“- Jack Morell: Ya see, sir, my father is Jewish and my mom, she's Italian Catholic, so, got all the bases covered. Speaking of bases, when the other kids were following the baseball charts I was following the pop charts...
- Steve Waits: I think I've heard that before. Why don't you save that for the liner notes on the album.”
“- Samantha: Hey Felipe, how are you feeling?
- Village People: Indian: C... C minus.
Samantha: What's the matter?
- Village People: Indian: I had to leave my feathers to be oiled. They gave me this one to wear, and it doesn't even fit right.”
“Lulu, you're crazy.”
“I worked with David Merrick... on Broadway. I know about contracts.”
“Corporate thinking sucks.”
“I adore San Francisco! My favorite ex-husband lives there.”
“- Ron White: Mother! What are you doing here?
- Jack Morell: Mother?
- Samantha: Mother?
- Felipe: That's your mother?
- Samantha: Gee, she looks better than I do.”
- Lulu Brecht: Oh, the Indian is hot. I go for exotic types, especially when they're half-naked.
- Samantha: Lulu!
- Lulu Brecht: You tell him I'll make up for all the indignities they suffered in "Roots".
“- Lulu Brecht: Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it I swear I will never do it again. Until the next time company comes.
- Samantha: Tacky.”
“There is magic in the world.”
“- Samantha: I should have know that you could sing. But when you see someone everyday, you just don't know what they have. I mean, counting out exercise is sort of singing, right?
- Village People: Cowboy: Yeah, I think it is.”
“- Village People: Leatherman: I'm from the Bronx. My name's Glenn Hughes.
- Samantha: What do you do, Glenn?
- Village People: Leatherman: I'm a toll collector at the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel.
- Norma White: Do all toll collectors look like that?
- Village People: Leatherman: Just the hot ones.”
“Anyone who could swallow two Snowballs and a Ding Dong shouldn't have any trouble with pride.”
“The 70s are dead and gone. The 80s are going to be something wonderfully new and different, and so am I.”