Zach Braff quotes
“A piece of the sky? Shaped like a stop sign? Not again!”
“Prepare to hurt, and I don't mean emotionally like I do!”
“You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of a sudden even though you have some place where you put your shit, that idea of home is gone.”
“- Sam: Tickle's my favorite thing in the whole world. It's all that's left of Nanny, my blanket.
- Andrew Largeman: Tickle is all that remains. Was there a hurricane or something?
- Sam: Shut up! No, I've had this since I was a baby. It's what they brought me home in from the hospital.”
“Can you imagine being the guy whose job it is to argue for the right to build a mall on top of a geological phenomenon?”
“- Andrew Largeman: I just feel like I've been going to too many of these lately.
- Sam: What? Dates?
- Andrew Largeman: You call this a date? This isn't a date. No, funerals.”
“- Sam: I still feel at home in my house.
- Andrew Largeman: You'll see one day when you move out. You feel like you can never get it back. It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. Maybe it's like this rite of passage. You won't ever have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself for your kids,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't want to waste another moment of my life without you in it.”
“- Andrew Largeman: Do you lie a lot?
- Sam: What do you consider a lot?
- Andrew Largeman: Enough for people to call you a liar.”
“- Obnoxious Girl: What do you mean you don't have bread, how can you not have bread?
- Andrew Largeman: We're a Vietnamese restaurant, we just don't have bread.
- Obnoxious Girl: Well, you're not Vietnamese.
- Andrew Largeman: No, I'm not.
- Obnoxious Girl: Can I have something to chew on! Fuck, bamboo! Whatever!”
“Modern Mallard says avoiding closure can lead to molting, and I'm already small and on top of that I don't think I can handle being bald!”
“- Sam: I haven't even lied in like two days.
- Andrew Largeman: Is that true?
- Sam: No.”
“She offered me her sleeve and told me to blow my nose into it. And I can remember, even as a little kid, thinking to myself, this is love... this is love.”
“- Andrew Largeman: Fuck, this hurts so much.
- Sam: I know it hurts. That's life. If nothing else, it's life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have.”
“- Andrew Largeman: Would you like a ride home?
- Sam: Fine. But I'm not riding in that sidecar.
- Andrew Largeman: Why not?
- Sam: Sidecars are for bitches. Anyone who rides in one is automatically your bitch. Thus I will ride on the back.”
“Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people that miss the same imaginary place.”