“State and Main” quotes(2000)
Plot – Evicted from the original set, director Walt Price is now in trouble: his production is losing money day by day and it is absolutely necessary to start filming again from the beginning. A new location is needed - possibly with an old mill - and Price finds it in Waterford, a small Vermont town. Once arrived however, he finds things are different: the mill, essential to the script and pictured in every image of the location, has actually been destroyed by a fire many years before. The elimination of the mill from the movie will not be the only change that the promising screenwriter Joe must make to his work. Meanwhile, the extravagant stars Bob Barrenger and Claire Wellesey are arriving on set. Problems will now slowly increase.
All actors – Michael Higgins, Michael Bradshaw, Morris Lamore, Allen Soule, Clark Gregg, Rebecca Pidgeon, Ricky Jay, Julia Stiles, Matt Malloy, Charles Durning, Tony V., Tony Mamet, Jack Wallace, Michael James O'Boyle, Charlotte Potok, Christopher Kaldor, Frederic Levy, J.J. Johnston, Patti LuPone, Richard L. Friedman, Kolbie McCabe, Emma Norman, Dee Nelson, Brian Howe, Robert Walsh, G. Roy Levin, Matthew Pidgeon, Danny Hovanesian, Jerry Graff, Timothy Jernigan-Smith, Paul Butler, Alexandra Kerry, Ken Cheeseman, Jordan Lage, William H. Macy, Lionel Mark Smith, Vincent Guastaferro, Linda Kimbrough, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jim Frangione, Alec Baldwin, Lana Bilzerian, Sarah Jessica Parker, Laura Silverman, David Paymer, Josh Marchette, Jonathan Katz, , Sean Patrick Reilly, Todd Brendan, Chris De Christopher, Alan Francis, Darrell Geer, John Krasinski, David Lauren, Cindy Lentol, Molly Levine, Kevin Foster McCarthy, Kate Supershow all
“State and Main” Quotes 26 quotes
“- Walt Price: What does that woman want from life?
- Marty Rossen: She wants $800,000 to show her tits.”
“Who designed these costumes? It looks like Edith Head puked, and that puke designed these costumes.”
“Everybody makes their own fun. If you don't make it yourself, it isn't fun. It's entertainment.”
- Ann: "If you were never down, how would you know when you were up"?
- Joseph Turner White: You have a gift for words.
- Ann: It's in your play.
“- Decorator: It's not black but it looks black. it's not brown...
- Walt Price: Yep, it's faggy without being homosexual.”
“Only second chance I know, is the chance to make the same mistake twice.”
“- Joseph Turner White: What's an associate producer credit?
- Bill Smith: It's what you give to your secretary instead of a raise.”
“- Doug Mackenzie: You have a date, they call, you're doing business at nine o'clock at night.
- Ann: I wasn't doing business.
- Doug Mackenzie: Oh, well what were you doing then that was so important that you shouldn't call your fianc...
- Ann: I... have to tell you that it is all over between us, Doug. I met somebody else, and it's very serious...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tommy Max: My wife is going to have a baby.
- Walt Price: Oh, good, let's bring more people into this overcrowded world.”
“- Walt Price: How are we coming with the dead horse scene?
- Marty Rossen: You can't actually kill the horse.
- Walt Price: Aw, fuck me!”
“- Joseph Turner White: You like kids?
- Ann: Never saw the point of 'em.
- Joseph Turner White: Me neither.”
“- Walt Price: What's in the bag?
- Marty Rossen: My undies, cause, you can't get this film off on time I'm gonna wet myself.”
“I'm gonna solve it here or this bimbo you sent me is gonna be doing a donkey act on public access television. Her tits, her tits, her tits, her tits. That she signed in her contract! We hired her because of 10 years at the Actors Studio, the way she played Medea? Her last 2 pictures lay there on the screen like my first wife.”
“- Joseph Turner White: I may have to go to jail.
- Ann: I'll knit you a sweater.
- Joseph Turner White: I'm gonna be in there a long time.
- Ann: I'll knit you a jumpsuit.”
“- Marty Rossen: This is good. Have you tried it?
- Walt Price: Oh, like I'm really going to eat carbohydrates.”