“The Great Outdoors” quotes(1988)
Plot – Chet and his wife have gone on holiday with their teenage sons, but his brother-in-law Roman, a wimp and prankster, joins them unexpectedly. The peaceful holiday gets ruined and Chet, against his will, has to go through all sorts of adventures from go-kart racing to riding wild horses.
All actors – Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Stephanie Faracy, Annette Bening, Chris Young, Ian Giatti, Hilary Gordon, Rebecca Gordon, Robert Prosky, Zoaunne LeRoy, Lucy Deakins, Nancy Lenehanshow all
“The Great Outdoors” Quotes 28 quotes
“Good evening. How's it going? Listen, girls... uh... as your father, I feel it incumbent upon me to set the record straight on the validity of the tale which Uncle Chet shared with us this evening. I know that a terrifying story like that coming from the mouth of a recognized authority figure could be traumatizing for kids like yourselves; I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ben: Dad?
- Chet: Yes, Ben?
- Ben: Does this mean we won't be getting Christmas presents this year from Aunt Kate and Uncle Roman?
- Buck: Oh, blow it out of your ass, Ben!
- Connie: Okay, nobody is blowing anything out of their ass. What we are having is a little problem, and it doesn't mean your father and I don't love your Aunt Kate and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Put a cork in it honey, I'm talkin business.”
“Wait a minute. No way! Wait a hot shittin minute. Rule 1: no relative of mine is going to eat hot dogs as long as he is sharing my cabin.”
“Bear... bear... Big Bear... big bear chase meeeeeeee...!”
“- Roman: I think that just about does it.
- Grill Chef: He's not done yet!
- Roman: It might take him a moment for that last bite to go down, but it will go down!
- Grill Chef: That ain't the last bite!
- Roman: Well sure it is, there is nothing on that plate but gristle and fat!
- Roman: [the Chef raises his eyebrows] No Problem. If i can get a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Chet: You bastard! You bastard!
- Roman: I think he's saying go faster.”
“I gotta go to the John, I'll be right back. Gonna introduce Mr. Thick Dick to Mr. Urinal Cake!”
“- Racoon: We'll have to brake in.
- Racoon1: Can we do that?
- Racoon: What do you think we have these wonderfully artiulated fingers for? To scratch our asses with!?”
“- Roman: How about the gourmet here, you know what he wanted? Hotdogs! You know what they make those things out of, Chet? You know? Lips and assholes!
- Chet: Hahaha I guess I'm old-fashioned I like assholes.
- Roman: Ha and I like lips! kisses Connie's lips If I could market lips like those I would make another million.”
“Look at the size of the maggots on that meat!”
“You don't crumple the paper up, ya gotta twist it, ya twist it.”
“You gave her a world class goose with a pool cue Buck.”
“- Roman: I think we should go into town tomorrow and pick up a ski boat. Whaddya say? Sound good, guys? Uncle Roman'll blow some coin on a kick-ass drag boat!
- Chet: That's ok, we're renting a pontoon boat.
- Roman: Pontoon boat? What the hell are you gonna do with a pontoon boat? Retake Omaha Beach?”
What's this? "For prompt service, blow me". That's an interesting touch.
“What a gas! Chet's gonna shit a solid gold brick when he sees us, what a great surprise!”
“- Kate Craig: Ahh! [Kate and Roman run out of their bedroom]
- Roman: What?
- Kate Craig: It touched me!
- Roman: It's been touching you for 12 years, you never freak!
- Kate Craig: Not you! A thing.
- Roman: What thing?
- Chet: [Comes out of his bedroom, along with the rest of the family, and turns on the lights] What's going on?
- Kate Craig:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Chet: Have you seen my ass lately?
- Connie: No, not recently.
- Chet: Well, I'll be picking splinters out of it from now until the day I die.”
“- Roman: I was picking my moment.
- Chet: You were picking your nose.”
“- Roman: I tell you what I see when I look out there. I see the undeveloped resources of Minnesota, Northern Wisconsin, and Michigan. I see a syndicated development consortium exploiting over a billion and a half dollars in forest products. I see a paper mill and if the strategic metals are there, a mining operation. A greenbelt between the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It buzzed me. We need a plan. It's a lot bigger than I thought... it's about a two pounder.”