Mia Wasikowska quotes
Who's to say what is "proper"? What if it was agreed that "proper" was wearing a codfish on your head? Would you wear it?
“To me a corset is like a codfish.”
“Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
“Do you ever wonder what it would be like to fly?”
“- Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
- Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
“- Alice: This is impossible.
- Mad Hatter: Only if you believe it is.”
“- Red Queen: What happened to your clothes?
- Alice: I outgrew them. I've been growing an awful lot lately. I tower over everyone in Umbridge. They laugh at me. So, I've come to you hoping you might understand what it's like.
- Red Queen: My dear girl, anyone with a head that large is welcome in my court. Someone find her some clothes, use the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mad Hatter: Your carriage, my lady.
- Alice: A hat?
- Mad Hatter: Of course. Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat. Have I made a rhyme?”
- Cheshire Cat: What do you call yourself?
- Alice: Alice.
- Cheshire Cat: "The" Alice?
- Alice: There's been some debate about that.
- Cheshire Cat: I never get involved in politics.
“- Mrs. McGarrick: India, is something wrong?
- India: Yes, my father is dead.”
“- Alice Kingsleigh: Where am I?
- Addison Bennett: Let me see, excitable, prone to fantasy, textbook case of female hysteria. Untreatable, some say. I beg to differ. We’ll have her fixed in no time.”
“- Tweedledee: He's mad.
- Alice Kingsleigh: The Hatter?
- [the Tweedles nod]
- Alice Kingsleigh: Yes, I know... That's his muchness. That's what makes him so... him.
- Tweedledee: But he's grown darker. Less dafter.
- Tweedledum: Denies himself laughter.”
“- Alice Kingsleigh: What's the matter?
- White Rabbit: The Hatter's the matter.
- Alice Kingsleigh: Hatter is my truest friend. If he's in need, I will help him.”
“- Society Girl: What's a baronet?
- Society Girl: Well, an aristocrat of some sort.
- Edith Cushing: A man that feeds off land that others work for him. A parasite with a title.”
“- Alice Kingsleigh: Well, we have met once when I was younger.
- Mad Hatter: Well, I'm afraid I don't recall.
- Alice Kingsleigh: That's because it hasn't happened yet.
- Mad Hatter: Oh. When will it happen?
- Alice Kingsleigh: Years from now, when you're older.
- Mad Hatter: [confused] I'll meet you when you're younger and I'm older.
- Alice...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Thomas Sharpe: [about to dance] I've always closed my eyes to things that made me uncomfortable. It makes everything easier.
- Edith Cushing: I don't want to close my eyes. I want to keep them open.”
“- India Stoker: You look like my father.
- Charles Stoker: I am so sorry.
- India Stoker: It's your loss, too.”
“The only thing worth doing is what we do for others.”
“Ghosts are real, this much I know. There are things that tie them to a place, very much like they do to us. Some remain tethered to a patch of land, a time and date, the spilling of blood, a terrible crime.”
“It's nature. It's a world of everything dying and eating each other right beneath our feet.”