Amy Poehler quotes
“- Ann: What is your ideal man?
- Leslie: He has the brains of George Clooney in the body of Joe Biden.”
“You have to care about how good you are and how good you feel, but not about how good people think you are or how good people think you look.”
“When your children arrive, your heart becomes a room with wide open windows.”
“Great people do things before they're ready. They do things before they know they can do it.”
“No one looks stupid when they're having fun!”
“- Jenny: Mmmmm... Ahh! This one's good. What's it called again?
- Abby: White wine.
- Jenny: I frickin' love it.”
“- Maura: Hi.
- James: Hi.
- Maura: I'm Maura.
- James: I'm James.
- Maura: I just wanted to say hi. So that's done.”
“- Fairchild Van Waldenberg: Two men skating together? And in our division, no less! Why, Stranz? Why is God singling us out to the greatest suffering the world has ever known?
- Stranz Van Waldenberg: I don't know, sis; those two are just a couple of freaks.
- Fairchild Van Waldenberg: Yeah, and the media loves freaks.”
“You wanna hit me? I would love it if you hit me! I'm married to a Jew, I've got nothing to lose!”
“- Dad: [Trying to feed Riley broccoli] Here we go. All right, open.
- Joy: Hmm... this looks new.
- Fear: Think it's safe?
- Sadness: What is it?
- Disgust: Okay, caution, there is a dangerous smell, people. Hold on, what is that? That is not brightly colored or shaped like a dinosaur, hold on guys... it's... broccoli [presses buttons]!
- Riley:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maura Ellis: I've been thinking...
- Kate Ellis: Why?”
“- Joy: Oh, come on! It could be worse...
- Disgust: Yeah Joy, we could be lying on the dirty floor in a bag.”
“- Joy: C'mon! Think positive!
- Sadness: Okay...
- Sadness: ... I'm positive that you'll get lost in there!”
“- Kate Ellis: The young you still lives inside you!
- Maura Ellis: Just like shingles ya'll!”
“Hey, look! The Golden Gate Bridge! Isn't that great? It's not made out of solid gold like we thought, which is kind of a disappointment, but still!”
“- Maura Ellis: We are on the way to a shelter to give people this party food.
- Brinda: Oh, is that why you're dressed like the homeless?”
“Guys love it when you can show them you're better than they are at something they love.”