“Mystery Men” quotes(1999)
Plot – Shoveler, Furious and The Blue Raja are three losers who want to become superheroes in Champion City. Unfortunately for them, the city already has its hero: the sponsored and efficient Captain Amazing. However, the lack of criminals threatens Captain Amazing's popularity as well as his Pepsi sponsorship. For these reasons, he decides to free his long-standing enemy, Casanova Frankenstein. The fool Amazing soon finds himself Casanova's prisoner and that is when the Mystery Men come into action.
All actors – Ben Stiller, Hank Azaria, William H. Macy, Janeane Garofalo, Kel Mitchell, Paul Reubens, Wes Studi, Greg Kinnear, Geoffrey Rush, Lena Olin, Eddie Izzard, Artie Langeshow all
“Mystery Men” Quotes 31 quotes
“OK, now I'm going back to graduate school. That was the agreement.”
“We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering.”
“- Mr. Furious: Seems there was a little controversy there regarding your father's death.
- The Bowler: Yes, the police said he fell down an elevator shaft. Onto some bullets.
- The Blue Raja: You know, I've alwas suspected a bit of foul play there.
- The Bowler: As have I.”
“We've got a blind date with destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.”
“That's a high-temperature fabric adhesive liquid projector, based on simple dry-cleaning technology. You aim that at a guy, and I'll tell you something: his clothes get so tight he can't even breathe.”
“I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines.”
“- The Blue Raja: Am I to understand you've inserted your father's skull inside of that ball for bowling?
- The Bowler: No, the guy at the pro shop did it.”
“We're not your classic heroes. We're the other guys.”
“You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums.”
- Mr. Furious: I'm a Pantera's box you do not wanna open.
- Casanova Frankenstein: It is "Pandora".
- Mr. Furious: Please don't correct me, it sickens me.
“- The Shoveller: I think we would all like this victory to go out to all the other guys, and I'm talking about the people in this city who are super good at their jobs but never get any credit. Like the lady in the DMV - that's a rough job.
- Invisible Boy: To the people that remember jingles from tons of old commercials.
- The Bowler: And uh,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Heller: All these weapons are completely non-lethal.
- The Bowler: Wow. How wonderfully eccentric while simultaneously being a complete waste of our time.”
“- Capt. Amazing: You're... you're all superheroes.
- The Shoveller: Well, we fight crime. Call it what you will.”
“When you care what is outside, what is inside cares for you.”
“We are number one. All others are number two, or lower.”
“- The Shoveller: I'll take point, you two flank. Let's triangulate.
- The Spleen: Equilateral or isosceles?”
“- Capt. Amazing: I knew you couldn't change.
- Casanova Frankenstein: I knew you'd know that.
- Capt. Amazing: Oh, I know that. And I knew you'd know I'd know you knew.
- Casanova Frankenstein: But I didn't. I only knew that you'd know that I knew. Did you know that?
- Capt. Amazing: Of course.”
“- The Shoveller: Lucille, God gave me a gift. I shovel well. I shovel very well.
- Lucille: Honey, you shovel better than any man I've ever known, but that does not make you a superhero. Listen to me. You're a good husband, and a good father. But that's all. Nothing more.”
“- The Blue Raja: I'm the Blue Raja! I'm not Stab Man, I'm not Knifey Boy - I'm the Blue Raja.
- Mr. Furious: Yeah, that's another thing...
- The Blue Raja: What?
- Mr. Furious: Well, you could work a little blue into the uniform somewhere. I mean you've got green, you've got this little flowery thing going on, but it's like everything but...” (continue)(continue reading)