Barbara Hershey quotes
“- Hillary: I don't even remember what it was I was mad about and I don't care. Whatever it was that you did, I forgive you.
- CC Bloom: What I did? You and your lousy letters. Just to get one of them made me special even before I opened it. All your crappy stories, all your big dreams.
- Hillary: I didn't know that.
- CC Bloom: Well, what the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Boxcar Bertha: I want somethin' I ain't ever had.
- Big Bill Shelly: How you gonna get that?
- Boxcar Bertha: Guts and luck.
- Big Bill Shelly: Luck! Hell, luck is bein' a Vanderbilt or a Carnegie.
- Boxcar Bertha: Just grabbin' somethin' good when it comes by.
- Big Bill Shelly: Sure, enough, honey.”
“Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.”
“- Harvey Hall: Where you goin' little lady?
- Boxcar Bertha: Ah, to Africa.
- Harvey Hall: Africa?
- Boxcar Bertha: I'm a missionary. I've dedicated my life to the black heathen.”
“It's a little disconcerting to realize that the smartest member of our expedition's the dog.”
- From the movie: Riding The Bullet
“Don't you want to see me before I die?”
- From the movie: Falling Down
- From the movie: Tin Men
“- Nora Tilley: If we went on a picnic it would be fun.
- Ernest Tilley: I don't understand a picnic. We go someplace, we put a thing on the ground and eat.
- Nora Tilley: Yeah, it's nice to do that.
- Ernest Tilley: Why? I don't get it. It's better sittin' in front of the TV.
- Nora Tilley: I happen to think there's somethin' nice about a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I am not afraid of aging, but more afraid of people's reactions to my aging.”
- From the movie: The Stunt Man
“- Cameron: What should I congratulate you for? The fucking scene or for fucking the director?
- Nina: For fucking the director, honey. Didn't you know that's how little girls get into the movies?”
“Elvis is dead, the government is not hiding UFOs, and there are no Indians in the Oxbow.”
“- Hillary: Oh, for God’s sake. Don’t you get it? We’ve grown apart. It happens to the best of friends, it’s happened to us. We might as well face it.
- CC: You’re ridiculous.
- Hillary: I’m ridiculous?
- CC: We haven’t grown apart. You’ve fallen apart.”
- From the movie: The Right Stuff
“The government can spend all kinds of money teaching you how to be a fearless test pilot, but they don't spend a god-damned thing teaching you how to be the fearless wife of a fearless test pilot.”
“- Tracker Lewis Gates: We were riding the back country, making a river crossing. Her horse spooked, bucked her. I went in after her. Current was too strong. One second she was there, and... Her dad still blames me to this day.
- Professor Lillian Sloan: What else could you have done?
- Tracker Lewis Gates: Drowned.”
“I'm not stubborn, I'm... right.”
“Within the Cheyenne tribe there used to be a military society made up of the strongest and bravest men. They were fierce fighters - unyielding. They called themselves Chotometnea - dogmen.”
“- Professor Lillian Sloan: I told him we come in a good way, in peace. I also told him you were a great warrior who wasn't afraid to fight them all single-handedly.
- Tracker Lewis Gates: You've got to be kidding.
- Professor Lillian Sloan: The Cheyenne admirebravery. Let's just hope they don't put you to the test.”
“- Hillary: I just want to get back to my hotel, but I can't remember the name!
- CC Bloom: Ritzy or Cheap?
- Hillary: I guess it's Ritzy.
- CC Bloom: Does it have a fountain in front, a pool inside, and a bunch of fruits in monkey suits playing violins in the lobby?
- Hillary: Yes! That's it!
- CC Bloom: You bet your ass it's Ritzy! It's the...” (continue)(continue reading)