Plot – The beautiful and keen Joanna Stayton calls Dean Profitt out to fix her luxurious yacht. He's a widowed carpenter and father of four children. When he finishes however, Joanna refuses to pay him because she's not satisfied with the repair carried out. During the night, the woman has an accident and loses her memory. The husband takes advantage of the situation and pretends not to know her, while Dean contrives a plan to pay himself back, claiming to be her husband.
All actors – Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Edward Herrmann, Katherine Helmond, Mike Hagerty, Roddy McDowall, Jared Rushton, Jeffrey Wiseman, Brian Price, Jamie Wild, Frank Campanella, Harvey Millershow all
“Overboard” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Annie: Mrs. Burbridge, would you come over here for a moment? Has it escaped your attention that these children have head to toe poison oak?
- Adele Burbridge: Well no, I... well yes, but...
- Annie: But what? My children are in need of medical assistance! And you can sit here and smugly lecture me on the importance of tests? Tests which exist...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dean Proffitt: What could I possibly give you... ever... that you don't already have?
- Joanna: A little girl.”
“- Joanna: Try to understand, Grant, I don't love you anymore.
- Grant Stayton III: What's love got to do with marriage?”
“You know what your problem is? You are so goddamn bored, you have to invent things to bitch about! You don't have a single thing to do on this Earth except for your hair! The closet was fine, you just needed something to fill up your useless, nail-polishing, toe-polishing, rich bitch, sun-tanning days!”
“- Joey: I'm itchy and I want to go home.
- Adele Burbridge: You may go stand in the corner until you can talk like a little boy.”
“What is this gelatinous muck? Andrew, when I tell you to pack staples, must I specify that you are to pack good caviar and not this $1.99 fish bait? Caviar should be round, and hard, and of adequate size, and should burst in your mouth at precisely the right moment.”
“- Annie: Tell me something about my life, Dean, something not horrible.
- Dean Proffitt: Well uh... yeah, there was that time you were working at Burger Boy, and this kid started choking on a French fry and everybody in the place panicked, including me, except you, you knew exactly what to do. You ran over to the kid and you gave him that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I think I'd remember if I had 3 children...”
“- Joanna: Captain Karl?
- Captain Karl: Yes, madam?
- Joanna: We've never really had time to talk.
- Captain Karl: No, we haven't.
- Joanna: Well, there's no time now.”
“Back in the day he was known as Mean Dean Proffitt and me I was Bad Billy Pratt.”
“- Dean Proffitt: You jumped my bones the first night we met!
- Annie: We did it on the first date?
- Dean Proffitt: Couldn't call it a date really, we just did it in the parking lot of the 7-Eleven
- Annie: I'm a slut.
- Dean Proffitt: What did you say?
- Annie: Nothing.”
“- Joanna: You know, forks were invented so that man could at least make a pretense of separating himself from the apes.
- Dean Proffitt: So were thumbs.”