“Lake Placid” quotes(1999)
Plot – A mysterious being has been killing animals and people around the remote Lake Placid, in Maine. After another incident, the locals decide to organize themselves and call on Jack Wells, a former lawyer now ranger. The news of a mysterious being, however, reaches the city and the university sends paleontologist Kelly Scott on site. Jack tolerates this external presence reluctantly and the disagreement is also total between the other two members of the expedition: Sheriff Hank, who wants to find the beast as soon as possible and kill it, and Prof. Hector, who wants to capture it to study it.
All actors – Bill Pullman, Bridget Fonda, Oliver Platt, Brendan Gleeson, Betty White, David Lewis, Tim Dixon, Natassia Malthe, Mariska Hargitay, Meredith Salenger, Jed Rees, Richard Leacockshow all
“Lake Placid” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Hector Cyr: What the hell are you doing?! I'm laying a spring trap.
- Sheriff Hank Keough: I could have shot you!
- Hector Cyr: This could end up saving your life, which is meaningful to you, because the longer you live, the more sex you get to have with your sister!”
“When friends or family say certain things, they tend not to register. So it helps to hear it from a complete stranger... you're fat.”
“- Jack Wells: Never been to Maine before, huh?
- Kelly Scott: Oh, I have good hygiene, I'm not welcome.”
“I used to have a recurring nightmare that I was headless. I'd be down on the ground looking up at my headless body, watching myself walk around the yard bumping into things, and my parents wouldn't let me in the house because they'd just bought all these antique lamps didn't want me to knock them over, the fuckers. Then the neighborhoodkids...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kevin: Hey.
- Kelly Scott: Oh, hey Kevin! What's going on? What's happening? How's it goin'? How's your family? Good? That's great, it's so nice to see you. Fuck off.”
“- Hector Cyr: In ancient Malenesia people suspected of crime's would be thrown to the crocodiles. Crocodiles would decide. They would be the judge.
- Kelly Scott: Oh, so that was you wanting to be judged out there?
- Hector Cyr: Maybe I was, and so what? Is that too arbitrary? Better to be measured by my wealth? Better for me to get my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hector Cyr: Let's not overlook the fact that he didn't eat me.
- Jack Wells: 'Cause he just ate a cow, stupid!”
“- Hector: Is this the man that was killed?
- Sheriff Hank Keough: He seemed... taller.”
“I don't do field and even if I did... Maine? I'm allergic to timber!”
“- Sheriff Hank Keough: I brought a pork chop for luck. Maybe you could hang it around your neck.
- Hector Cyr: That's sweet. Maybe later you can chew the bark off my big fat log.”
- Jack Wells: Ma'am...
- Kelly Scott: Look, if you call me "ma'am" one more time I'll sue you, and with today's laws it's possible.
- Sheriff Hank Keough: She's good.
“- Sheriff Hank Keough: I told you two days we'd have to camp.
- Kelly Scott: Yes! Camp! But I thought that meant Ramada Inn. I never heard tents! Will there be toilets?
- Jack Wells: Maybe we should just take you back.
- Kelly Scott: Why? Because I prefer toilets? Maybe I should just wipe myself with some leafy little piece of poison oak. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hector Cyr: She tell you that we had sex together? So vigorous!
- Kelly Scott: I never had sex with you!
- Hector Cyr: I'm horrible in bed. They never remember.”
“I'm a civilian, not a trout - you have no authority over me whatsoever.”
“- Kelly Scott: The lake is so black and still.
- Sheriff Hank Keough: Yeah, we wanted to call it Lake Placid, but someone said that name was taken.”
“There's something I wanted to ask you. What's it like to be a woman in the woods of Maine? I mean, the guys don't turn all horny or anything like they did in Deliverance, right?”
“- Hector Cyr: What'd Bickerman say?
- Jack Wells: Well, she didn't want to tell us about the second croc 'cause she was afraid we'd blow its head off.
- Sheriff Hank Keough: Women's intuition.”
“- Hector Cyr: Law enforcement is very dangerous work isn't it? And... you have such big, wonderful boobs.
- Deputy Sharon Gare: Ha! Thank you!”
“- Sheriff Hank Keough: Ma'am, your husband Bernie... you didn't by any chance lead him to the lake blindfolded?
- Mrs. Bickerman: If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it!”