David Oyelowo quotes
“What happens when a man says enough is enough?”
“- Martin Luther King Jr.: We need your involvement here, Mr. President. We deserve your help as citizens of this country. Citizens under attack.
- President Lyndon B. Johnson: Now, you listen to me. You listen to me. You're an activist. I'm a politician. You got one big issue. I got a hundred and one.”
“You know everything about the human brain except the way it works.”
“- Robert Franklin: Please, Mr. Jacobs! Lives are at stake! These are animals with personalities, with attachments!
- Steven Jacobs: Attachments?
- Robert Franklin: Yes.
- Steven Jacobs: I run a business, not a petting zoo. Find the most cost-effective way to put those apes down!”
Those who have gone before us say "no more"! No more! That means protest! That means march! That means disturb the peace! That means jail! That means risk! That is hard!
“It is unacceptable that they use their power to keep us voiceless.”
“- Louis Gaines: We're more grass roots. One-on-one with the community. Although we have started our own political party.
- Charlie Gaines: What's your party? You like to party? I like to party. What's your party called?
- Carol Hammie: The Black Panther Party.”
“We negotiate, we demonstrate, we resist.”
“Who murdered Jimmie Lee Jackson? Every Negro man and woman who stands by without joining this fight as their brothers and sisters are brutalized, humiliated, and ripped from this Earth.”
“- Cooper: You're ruling my son out for college now? The kid's fifteen.
- School Principal: Tom's score simply isn't high enough.
- Cooper: What's your waistline? 32? With, what, a 33 inseam?
- School Principal: I'm not sure I see what you're getting at.
- Cooper: You're telling me it takes two numbers to measure your own ass but only one to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Our lives are not fully lived if we're not willing to die for those we love, for what we believe.”
“- Steven Jacobs: You used an untested drug on your father. I could end your career with one phone call.
- Will Rodman: Let me save you the trouble. I quit.”
“Keep your personal emotions out of it. These people invest in results, not dreams.”