Bill Nighy quotes
“- General Friedrich Fromm: What is it you want?
- General Friedrich Olbricht: I wanted to introduce our new man, Colonel Stauffenberg.
- General Friedrich Fromm: Ah! From Africa. Well, I'd offer you my hand, but I might not get it back.”
“- Richard Twat: I trust you've slept well?
- Mr. Johnson: We had rather a rough night, actually.
- Richard Twat: Ah well, the perils of adultery.”
“The great and terrible thing about life, there's just so much bloody... potential. All of which is almost certainly nonsense.”
“Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!”
“Ah, love; a dreadful bond, and yet, so easily severed.”
“- Davy Jones: Ten years, I looked after those who died at sea, and finally, when we could be together again, you weren't there. Why weren't you there?
- Tia Dalma: It is my nature. Would you love me if I was anything but what I am?
- Davy Jones: I do not love you!
- Tia Dalma: Many things you were, Davy Jones, but never cruel.”
“- Arthur Dent: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.
- Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.”
“The point of replacing Hitler is to negotiate the truce with the Allies. The Allies, I suspect would be more amenable to a truce if we offer it to them before they get to fucking Berlin!”
“- Martin Barton: Don't test me, Carlotta. I could drown you too easily.
- La Carlotta: Better to be submerged in bath water than mediocrity. Wouldn't you agree?”
“You turn out to be the fucking love of my life. And to be honest, despite all my complaining, we have had a wonderful life.”
“One soul is not equal to another.”
“When I was young and successful, I was greedy and foolish, and now I'm left with no one. Wrinkled and alone.”
“- Richard Twat: I trust you two both washed.
- Mr. Johnson: Actually, the water was cold.
- Richard Twat: That's no reason not to wash, is it? Good grief, we are British, you know. We invented cold showers to stop people masturbating. Oh, I see, maybe that's why you are so upset about the lack of hot water.”
“If we let you carry on running around town, you'll continue to be exceptional and we can't have that. You'll put us all out of a job.”
“There is a good reason why these rules were created, and they are the only reason we have survived this long!”
“Life is cruel. Why should the afterlife be any different?”
“No man on Earth should be so violently in love. It puts him at such a disadvantage.”
“- Slartibartfast: Earthman, you must realize that the planet you lived on was commissioned, paid for and run by mice.
- Arthur Dent: When you say mice, do you mean the little furry white creatures with whiskers, ears, cheese?”
“- Billy Mack: Ask me anything you like, I'll tell you the truth.
- Mikey - DJ Interviewer: Best shag you've ever had?
- Billy Mack: Britney Spears... No, only kidding. She was rubbish.”
“I realized that Christmas is the time to be with the people you love.”
“Who needs Revolutionaries when the Revolution has already been achieved?”
- Ray Simms: Beano, you are definitely our strongest link to the past. In all the time I've known you man, spirtually, emotionally there's been like zero growth. You're what they call a "flat liner".
- David "Beano" Baggot: Well it's better than being a wanker!