Bruno Ganz quotes
“That was an order! Steiner's assault was an order! Who do you think you are to dare disobey an order I give? So this is what it has come to! The military has been lying to me. Everybody has been lying to me, even the SS! Our generals are just a bunch of contemptible, disloyal cowards.”
“- Franz Jägerstätter: I don't know everything. A man may do wrong, and he can't get out of it to make his life clear. Maybe he'd like to go back, but he can't. But I have this feeling inside me, that I can't do what I believe is wrong.
- Judge Lueben: Do you have a right to do this?
- Franz Jägerstätter: Do I have a right not to?”
“- Verge: Why are they always so stupid?
- Jack: Who's stupid?
- Verge: All the women you killed, strike me as seriously unintelligent.
- Jack: I've also killed men.
- Verge: But you only talk about the stupid women. Unless you think all women are stupid.
- Jack: Well, the stories I've told were selected at random, but...
- Verge: You feel...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rodney Cole: You had time after I called you. Why didn't you run?
- Ernst Jürgen: Where should I run from Section 15, Mr. Cole? I can hardly walk. Before we could get Chesterfields, I smoked 60 Machorkas a day. Filthy Soviet things. Killed more Russians than Stalin. My doctors assure me I'll soon be joining their list of casualties.”
“The war is lost... But if you think that I'll leave Berlin for that, you are sadly mistaken. I'd prefer to put a bullet in my head.”
“These people may be good, but they are not God. Although a little confirmation would be nice.”
“In a war as such there are no civilians.”
“Tomorrow millions of people will curse me, but fate has taken its course.”
“- Ben Marco: You said the army implants, they were for emergency medical data, right?
- Delp: The ones they publicized were. There was a parallel project of all kinds of scary implantables. The Clinton watch dogs finally freaked out about it, closed down.
- Ben Marco: Parallel project? How'd you know about that?
- Delp: Manchurian Global funded...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Professor Bruckner: Cloning. What if I were to tell you that I could take a scraping of skin from your finger and create another Ezra Lieberman?
- Ezra Lieberman: I would tell you not to waste your time on my finger.”