Movie quotes857 movie quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“You do a lead in a series, you're kind of in a bubble of self-containment and almost not really present in the world at all. You're really a brand more than a human being.”
“Making a film is very hard work, and you live or die by the sword just a little bit every time you do it, but I wouldn't chuck it in.”
“Actors can be good, say all these beautiful, wonderful things - but where does it come from? It comes from the writers, and people kind of forget that sometimes.”
“The studio system collapsed only when Elizabeth Taylor charged $1 million for Cleopatra.”
“In movies we tend make things black and white: you're either this, or you're that.”
“It's hard to prove yourself when the substance isn't there in certain roles.”
“It's frustrating we still don't see more movies featuring strong women.”
“- Gabe Wilson: Let's make some traps or something, like some 'Home Alone' type stuff. That way, if she comes...
- Adelaide Wilson: Tell me you did not just reference 'Home Alone'.
- Gabe Wilson: You know what I'm talking about.
- Adelaide Wilson: Gabe. They've been planning this. They have the upper hand. This is the time to run, not to be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We're actors, Greg. For you, me, people like us, even the worst day on a movie set is better than the best day doing anything else.”
“- Norma Desmond: Young man, tell me something; how long is a movie script these days? I mean how many pages?
- Joe Gillis: Depends on what it is: a Donald Duck or a Joan of Arc.”
“- Laurel Gray: I love the love scene - it's very good.
- Dixon Steele: Well that's because they're not always telling each other how much in love they are. A good love scene should be about something else besides love. For instance, this one. Me fixing grapefruit. You sitting over there, dopey, half-asleep. Anyone looking at us could tell we're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've been very lucky to have strong women characters to play.”
“- Henry Barber: I cried four times.
- Charlie: Me too. I wonder if it was the same four.”
“There aren't enough good roles for strong women. I wish we had more female writers. Most of the female characters you see in films today are the 'poor heartbroken girl'.”
“Wonder Woman, she's amazing. I love everything that she represents and everything that she stands for. She's all about love and compassion and truth and justice and equality, and she's a whole lot of woman.”
“There are so many things that have to go right for a movie to be good that it's a miracle whenever one is.”
“Stage is the ultimate test; I like watching established screen actors on stage to see if they can really do it. But it's great to have a healthy mixture of the two. Film is so technical: there's something very particular about the relationship between you and the camera. It took a long time for me to get good on film.”