Movie quotes857 movie quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“People have a deep distrust of machines. Have you seen Terminator? Or 2? Or 3? Or 4?”
“- Samantha Jackson: Alright, I've got 'Dred Scott v. Sandford', 'Plessy v. Ferguson', and 'Brown v. The Board of Education'.
- John: I got 'Kramer vs. Kramer', 'Alien vs. Predator', and 'Freddy vs. Jason'.”
“- Ravel: No radio, no feed source.
- Millburn: Nobody’s home!
- David: There is nothing in the desert, and no man is nothing.
- Ford: What is that?
- David: Just something from a film I like.”
“- Max Cartwright: Uh-huh. How do we get out of here?
- Gertie Michaels: Yeah, I like that question. That is a really, really good question. Duncan, can you answer that question, please?
- Duncan: What are you talking about? It's 1986! Our homes don't exist yet, they're probably just landfills waiting to be turned into crappy subdivisions. We...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Cinemascope places a director somewhere between the stage and the screen technique.”
“What do they want me to do? Stop now and release it as The Five Commandments.”
“I suggested to Schulberg that he let me do a comedy about the Olympic Games, poke fun at the whole thing, and B.S. went along with it. That's how I got to write 'Million Dollar Legs', which had W.C. Fields and Ben Turpin and a whole batch of comics. Nowadays the art-film students say it was years ahead of its time — that's happened to me a lot...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Well, we could have the Germans win the war.”
“The toughest three pictures I ever made.”
“They are doing things on the screen now that I wouldn't do in bed. If I could.”
“I've seen 'A Night at the Opera' seventeen times ... I just couldn't get over that love story between Allan Jones and Kitty Carlisle.”
“You can't stick to the written word when a scene is transformed unpredictably just by the look of a particular actor or the way the setting fits around the camera.”
“On a film set the only person less important than the director is a talent agent.”
“It's a picture of yourself up there and if they don't like it, they don't like you.”
“I can't win working with Welles. If the picture's a hit he will get the credit. If it's a flop I'll be blamed.”
“Ordeal by comment card, known otherwise as death by a thousand cuts.”