John Wayne quotes
“Mr. Rat, I have a writ here says you're to stop eating Chen Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now it's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of the same. See? Doesn't pay any attention to me.”
“Half the people in the world are women. Why does it have to be you that stirs me?”
“You can't serve papers on a rat, baby sister. You gotta kill him or let him be.”
“- Mattie Ross: Who's the best marshal they have?
- 'Sheriff': Bill Waters is the best tracker. The meanest one is Rooster Cogburn, a pitiless man, double tough, fear don't enter into his thinking.”
“Don't try to win this war all by yourself.”
“- Ned Pepper: What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?
- Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
- Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
- Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!”
- Rebecca 'Becky' McLintock: Well, he called me a... I can't even repeat the word!
- Devlin Warren: I didn't necessarily call you anything, but I said what I said, and I'll stand by it to the death!
- George Washington 'G.W.' McLintock: Well, just for the tally books, what did you say?
- Devlin Warren: I said “any woman that allows a man to kiss... (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't say it's a fine morning or I'll shoot you!”
“Well, there are some things a man just can't run away from.”
“- Mattie Ross: Trust you to buy another tall horse.
- Rooster Cogburn: Yeah. He's not as game as Beau, but Stonehill says he can jump a four rail fence.
- Mattie Ross: You are too old and fat to be jumping horses.
- Rooster Cogburn: Well, come see a fat old man some time.”
“The bigger the man, the deeper the imprint. And when he's in love, he suffers knowing it's a dead end.”